Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CN 418 slop freight

Just a heads-up, Jason, there is an issue with one of the new models, the CN 799010. Car only has 300m and 600m LODs, no 2000m. So the car just blanks out at distances beyond 600. You can see the car missing at a distance in the shot of the train in the S-curve at Singe Lake. It is the last car in front the tankers that are in front of the caboose. No rush, if there are future equipment packs planned you can just push a patch then.

A question on the drawbar-connected well cars: what is the correct connection? A-E-D-C-B or A-B-C-D-E?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    A question on the drawbar-connected well cars: what is the correct connection? A-E-D-C-B or A-B-C-D-E?

It should be A-E-D-C-B, probably a universal thing for car repair issues or derailment forensics, but that's not how they are in the consist. I think they have C and E in each others spots. It's always B on one end and incrementing higher in order, with A on the far end

By federal law all railcars can only have an A and B end. The B end is where the required handbrake goes.

When you have 3 unit well or spine cars, platform order is A-C-B with handbrake on B platform only.

When you have 5 unit well or spine cars, platform order is A-E-D-C-B with handbrake on A and B platforms on account of greater weight that may require more than one handbrake to hold car.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    By federal law all railcars can only have an A and B end. The B end is where the required handbrake goes.

When you have 3 unit well or spine cars, platform order is A-C-B with handbrake on B platform only.

When you have 5 unit well or spine cars, platform order is A-E-D-C-B with handbrake on A and B platforms on account of greater weight that may require more than one handbrake to hold car.
    Yes, I was aware of that (although I did not know it was federal law! , but I know that some of the connected wellcars in the library and elsewhere. are occasionally A,B,C,D & E.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Yes, I was aware of that (although I did not know it was federal law! , but I know that some of the connected wellcars in the library and elsewhere. are occasionally A,B,C,D & E.
    That's probably just how the stock creator named it, not really considering that the cars aren't lettered in that order.

On a side note, BNSF has some four-car sets of iron ore hoppers lettered A-C-C-B, so apparently repeats are allowed for