Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Severn Valley Railway run in Win 7?

Default Will Severn Valley Railway run in Win 7?

I recently got a nice copy of Severn Valley Railway add-on.
    I now get error trying to install it under Win 7. Paraphrased; Failed to load Dll; FStype error 0x80040702, or similar. I can load it on my older Win Xp laptop and it seems to work ok. Is there any simple way to run it under Win 7? This PC has lots of RAM and a nice Video card for running most of my simulators.

Did you install MSTS in the Programs folder?

Randy

If MSTS will run, then no reason why Severn Valley won't - although the route is showing its venerable age now.

Have you tried to see if it will start in Open Rails?
    Vern.

Hi Bickford Line,
    The Severn Valley Railway CDs won't install into Win 7 or later because they are protected by SecuROM/SafeDisc. Please see here for details of how to install it : http://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1136-...oute-cds#14933

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks so very much for the information. I will see if I can make this work.
    BTW, where can I find the/any updates for Severn Valley Railway?
    I have seen an update of sorts mentioned with a gentleman named Otto's pages but it seems he has passed away. I saw two links, one with loops and one without, but I don't see that they really lead me anywhere.
    Thanks for your help so far.

Well, I used the link that you indicated to bypass the Sec coding. It allowed me to install SVR alright. I have a problem where " Global\shapes\JP2Rd100mStrt.s "is missing, and likely a matching .sd file as well. I uninstalled, deleted the SVR folder and reinstalled. I get the same error. Is it possible to get that particular file from somebody? Mine is V1.0 SVR. It doesn't show up in every activity, but in about half I tried loading. ( #1,3,5,6, etc...)
    Thanks so far.
    I tried just exploring and was able to drive for at least 10 min to test. I should try just where the Act's start, I guess.

JP2Rd100mStrt.s looks to be part of the original MSTS content. Looks like it is also included with the MONON route, probably others.
    You should be able to do a search of your MSTS folders and copy it to the Global folder.

Randy

Hi Randy & Bickford Line,
    JP2Rd100mStrt.s is included in the GLOBAL folder of any default MSTS installation. If you don't have MSTS correctly installed, you may well have several other similar errors as you run through SVR!

An update was available from :
    www.justtrains.net/supportfaq/severn-valley-railway but I've just tried it and I couldn't see a 'Download' button!!
    You're right in that Otto also had an approved update to SVR, but, unfortunately, he's no longer with us.

Cheers,
    Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 06-17-2019 at 04:23 PM.

I was not thinking clearly. I mainly like to use my Win 7 PC for my simulators. I also have a Win XP laptop . This one works good for Standard installations of said simulators. Well, I copied my missing files from the laptop to the desktop and fixed the pop up errors for missing Global\Shapes files. Don't know why I didn't think to do it earlier. That also corrected my error on my LTV Erie Mining route.
    Yes, Ged, that is what I had found, it left me in an unending loop.
    Is there any other location for that update?

You could try the wayback machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20100725...oaw_000011.htm