Thread: Activity Loading Error

Default Activity Loading Error

Hi Guys: A few days ago, the C Drive on my pc failed and is no longer bootable. That is the drive where I had the ConBuilder app installed. I have used that app for years creating & modifying consists and w/the latest version, the MSTS Activity Manager. With the drive failure, all CB functionality is history. However. I have managed to create a shortcut to a mini route that was on another drive & can access the Activity Editor for that mini route. I can access & modify all existing activities in that route w/o any problems. However, when I try adding routes from the now defunct C drive into the Routes folder in the functional Editor, I get a popup error message that reads: "759-Failed Loading Activity Header". Following that, the error message shows the path to the location where the activity resides in the Route/Activity folder.

My question is, does anyone know what this error message means and how do I go about fixing it so that I can access the route in the Editor. Thx in advance for your thoughts...Hawk

PS: Train Simulator did not reside on the defunct drive. It resides directly on the drive that still functions normally. (D:TS)

The explanation is here: >>>===> http://msts.steam4me.net/msts_errors.html#act_header

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Vince -- thanks for the link that I need to find at the site of msts.steam4me.net/msts_errors.html#act_header. I need to check the activity inside the route folder -- CN_Ruel from Trainsimulations Content. But need to ask about the trk file and which program can open this file. Yes I do have the program of Context and will that work to open the trk file or leave it alone -- don't touch that file.

John

You can use Context, WordPad or NotePad to edit the TRK file.

regards
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Like what Vince stated, but.. BACK UP FIRST!!! Once you screw it up, the whole thing is all screwed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    You can use Context, WordPad or NotePad to edit the TRK file.

regards
    Dave Edwards