Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZUSI 3 Released on Steam

Yes it was a very low key release at the time with a rather odd distribution method.
    Vern.

Sale here for all you budding Germany train peeps.

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/zusi...am-key--4147-1
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Price still a bit rich for my tastes, Mike. £30, then we're talking!
    Vern.

Hahahahahahaha, they would have to give me £30 to install it Vern.

Joking aside, it would be a waste of money for me. Not a fan of any OHE railways anywhere buddy.

Plus with my mental capacity these days, i would never get my head around all those signal systems and safety devices.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Bought it and will probably refund it. German language special characters don’t display properly in the menus and screens.
    Seems ZuSi is programmed in old fashioned Borland Delphi and this handles Unicode differently from Windows 10?
    So unless you use Windows with Germany as system locale, the special characters don’t display as they should. I’ve set ZuSi to English, but only a part of the menus and screens are translated at the moment.
    Then the game doesn’t want to update itself and the Germanglish doesn’t help either.
    I don't think it's programmed in Delphi, but just pure Win32 C++ and unfortunately targeted towards a previous version of Windows. Development started around 2004 and was only completed in 2016, so it's obvious XP 32-bit was the intended target platform.

So Carsten needs to up his game now and at least implement some localization and better Win 10 support (highDPI/scaling support, 64-bit version, upgrade to DirectX 11/12 instead of 9.0c now).

Another work point is the rolling stock department. Most stock is decent, but the D-Zug/IC-coaches from the 1960s onwards ("m-Wagen") still lack interiors and are modelled too basic in comparison to the other models.
    Look in the rolling stock catalog for examples:
    https://www.zusi.de/zusi-3-hobby/lie...eisewagen.html
    It would be fine for openBVE or 2004 MSTS standards, but even Zusi needs to evolve with time, and the coaches aren't showing that..

Some German MSTS users who are wandering towards Zusi instead of jumping the OR/TS20xx bandwagon are suggesting to convert some MSTS models from Peter Hanslip to replace them. While most of them are still at 2005-2006 MSTS level, it's at least better than what Zusi can currently provide.

Well if it has high DPI issues that rules it out for me on the main PC, as that now uses a UHD 3840 x 2160 monitor. I already had to put FSX and FS2004 to one side as there is no way of making the in game menus and pop ups bigger and they are too small to read properly.
    Vern.