Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CN ballast loads

Default CN ballast loads

A train of 40 loaded stone cars curves off the Bala Sub from Toronto and draws alongside a 201 pig train from Montreal undergoing a crew change. Orders are to drop 20 cars here at Capreol and take the other 20 cars about 90 miles up the Ruel sub to Gogama.

After the pig departed, the ballast train pulls into the interlocking and ties up the plant while the 20 car drop happens. The stack on the right is Toronoto-bound and cannot depart until the ballast train clears the Bala

On the double track between Capreol and Dennis

With the lighter train, it takes no time to catch up to 201 ahead in the hopes of being fleeted together through any meets.

Passing through Milnet with nothing waiting

At Raphoe, eastbound 204 with an SD40-2W leader is the the hole for both the 201 and the ballast train. The fleeting thing is working for the time being.

I have the open rails camera follow the 204 for a few miles after the meet.

At Laforest, I'm catching 201's yellows still. Not too far ahead, 201 was supposed to meet a grainer at Ruel but the grain vanished, and I was routed into Thorlake presumably for a meet with the grainer that never came, but the slow speed siding detour ended our fleeting.

Holding the main for a meet with 418 at the 12,000 foot (double length) Makwa siding, which was a success.

Going in the siding at Gogama.

Entering the backtrack at Gogama where the ballast train will tie up at the 87 milepost.

Beautiful shots! I really like the looks of this route.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Pete Abrams' add-on dynamics fit reasonably well to create a DB equipped 5300-series SD40-2W, just a bit of overlap between the horn on the main shape and the dynamic brake vent on the freight animation. Probably solved by modding the FA to lower or shrink the vent

Geepster,
    I really like your photos and thanks for taking the time to share them .
    Tim

geepster, Pete Abrams' add-on dynamics fit reasonably well to create a DB equipped 5300-series SD40-2W, just a bit of overlap between the horn on the main shape and the dynamic brake vent on the freight animation. Probably solved by modding the FA to lower or shrink the vent
    Is that a kit? Not being a model maker, do you think it's something I could try? I noticed the files were partially set up for dynamics, so I finished the job and made some OR dynamic curves, but no changes to model itself...that would be nice.
    Thanks, gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

The shape is in the library here, look for CN 5121.

On the prototypes, the dynamic-less W's had the horn directly in front of the radiator fans, but on the dynamic W's the horn was in front of the dynamic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    The shape is in the library here, look for CN 5121.

On the prototypes, the dynamic-less W's had the horn directly in front of the radiator fans, but on the dynamic W's the horn was in front of the dynamic fans.
    Found it, and worked out how to reconfigure new TS SD40's, thank you ...know of a kit for the GP40's??
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Brockville, ON, April 1982:

Paul :-)