Thread: conindy2

Default conindy2

i had just downloaded the conindy route V2 with the new scenery ..conrailindy2.zip i down loaded the mirt zip files Modern Indy Route Trains Activity Pack By Bob Pickering... i have all the files needed to run the activities... moved all the files to the correct folders.. checked the consists with my con-builder.. but every time i click on an activity i get that dreaded popup saying msts has performed an illegal blah blah blah and will close... anyone else had this problem???? FYI i did add the corrected path files.. and samething

I know the route requires Modern Track Sounds or some such add-on.

Do you have MSTS installed the proper way according to this? You don't really say.

http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html

Does the activities run in Open Rails (a test if everything is really installed properly)? You don't really say anything on that, either. Since MSTS does not have a logging function and Open Rails does, a log offers many clues (beyond "illegal blah blah blah") for those rendering assistance.

There are environment file missing from the install, which will cause MSTS to crash.
    I use Route Riter to fix these problems.
    Cheers
    Derek

i have modern track sounds installed for this route,,, the MSTS path is correct its installed properly,,i can run 1 addon activity ,, csx_freight_westwards, no problem, even with switched out stock and motive power only the pickering activities cause it to crash

i ran it through route riter and after that, i tried to run the route and i got the pop up msts has performed an illegal action and will shut down,, route ritter also said all the sound and 1/4 of my ace. files were missing

On the missing material, I recall the Finney tree upgrade version was an upgrade and not a standalone route, meaning you needed the old basic conrail indy route installed first and then apply the Finney upgrade and the modern track sounds on top of that.

The Pickering activities are usually pretty heavy and based on higher poly SLI rolling stock and less of the low poly freeware stuff and often have plenty of AI. At some point in time, there will be no fix anybody else can provide, outside of you moving forward and running your MSTS content on a platform that is not 18 years old. Thats if Microsoft doesn't beat you to it and disables things first with their next update.

Be aware "I still run MSTS because I don't handle change well" is an argument that is running out of time and support options.

ok so what your saying is that have the original conindy2 route installed then drag all the folders of the updated file into it? i was gonna do that but never thought that would straighten it out

well i deleted the route then,, did a fresh reinstall of conindy2,,, then added the conindy zip into it rewrtting all the files... now when i click on the route to explore .. and pick my start and finish points... the click next.. i get a popup saying it can not load train world

Hi pennsyfan,
    conindy2 installs and runs in both MSTS and ORTS without any problem - but only if you follow ALL the readme instructions!! There is no such file as conindy.zip, but if you mean the first version of the route, you DO NOT need to install that (in fact, it might make things worse!!). Only two paths are supplied with v2, Avon to Marion and Marion to Avon. Your problem may be caused because you've added the paths from v1 of the route, which are probably incompatible, due to tdb changes (I don't know because I haven't installed v1).

Cheers,
    Ged

You need

ci20_1.zip
    ci20_2.zip
    ci20_3.zip
    ci20_4.zip
    ci20_5.zip
    crind20a.zip

installed and working, then you add

conrailindy2.zip
    Modern track sounds

ci20_1.zip is what places special interstate highway shapes with a "ci_" prefix that no other route uses into your global/shapes folder.

thats what i did it works fine now