Thread: Open Rails Bulkhead Flatcar Set

Default Open Rails Bulkhead Flatcar Set

This set of cars in the file library has 2 missing files, "_LD1.ace and _LD2.ace" Out of more than 500 downloads, has anyone else noticed this? These .ace files are for the actual loads(?) and not the cars themselves(?)

Since the pack is for Open Rails, there are no ace files, just dds.

Shape file for these cars show this;
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does the OR option to use .dds textures over .ace textures make any difference? You could also change the .ace in the .s file texture names to .dds

Some people have claimed that the DDS images seem to end up with a better usable palette of colors... so more color depth from textures. Seems a bit subjective. I could hardly see much difference myself.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

I can say for sure, after editing the called .s file, that changing from .ace to .dds makes no difference....I'm amazed that out of 500+downloads, I'm the only one having this problem?!? I guess I must be special....

Quote Originally Posted by Salsocided View Post
    I can say for sure, after editing the called .s file, that changing from .ace to .dds makes no difference....I'm amazed that out of 500+downloads, I'm the only one having this problem?!? I guess I must be special....
    What problem??? They are for Open Rails, all the shapes and textures are fine. If you are running OR, make sure you have the option\Experimental\load DDS textures in preference to Ace, utilities that do not support dds files will have missing parts...and they do not work in MSTS.

bandicam 2019-06-28 15-55-10-910.jpg bandicam 2019-06-28 16-00-56-650.jpg bandicam 2019-06-28 16-01-43-298.jpg
    bandicam 2019-06-28 16-01-47-109.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry, not having run any rolling stock made specifically for Open Rails, I was not aware of that option. I knew someone would know WTHeck I was doing wrong!!