Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIRR Activities

Default LIRR Activities

So, I've worked up a couple of activities for the LIRR beta route, using the 'central pickups' activity as a springboard. Does anyone want to test them, or should I just release them into the wild?

Vince, if you're reading this, would you care to comment on the state of the LIRR? Is it still being developed, and might I have to fix paths in case of a new version?

Thanx,
    Bob

Bob,

I wouldn’t mind trying your activities. The lirr is quite impressive. If you wish to share your activities my email is
    [email protected]

Thanks,

Lance

Thanks, Lance.

I think they're small enough to attach here:

CP2.zip
    CP3.zip

Packaged with RouteRiter, but no dox/readme yet. RR collects all the paths/consists/services used in the activity, including some of the 'stock' ones that came with the route (because I re-used them in these activities.) You can skip copying these or overwrite them; The duplicates are identical copies of the originals in my installation, so nothing will change. The briefings (F1) should be enough information to play them (I think. . .) Anyone can give them a try, let me know if there are any problems, typos, etc.

Bob

Thanks, downloaded them. I'll post my results here. I use Route Riter all the time.

Lance

Oi, you lot!

I see by the download counter that over a dozen of you have grabbed copies of these. Has anyone tried them yet? Are they missing anything? Should I upload them to the F/L?

Bob

Hi Bob,

The first one runs file, still in the middle of the second.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Bob. The first one ran until the second reverse turn and then emergency/ off path. Tried three times with the same result unable to finish.
    The second one I did all my set outs but I had to many cars left on the train (12) at the runaround time.
    They were a good try so don't get discouraged. I'am 86 and I spend a lot of my time switching, usually 5 to 7 hours a day mostly with the switch list generator. Hope to see some more. Greg.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean the reverse after the second pickup? It works for me, but it might be too close to a node or something. In the second one, did you just drop one car at each siding before the runaround? Some of the setouts are for more than one car. The F1 briefing has a list, in order, of what to drop where.

Bob

Ok, both complete fine for me.
    Cheers
    Derek

Thanks for the feedback, Derek! How did you like them?

I looked over the paths after Greg's comment, and I did find a reverse point in a tight spot (that I fixed), but I suspect perhaps Greg wasn't watching the track monitor and slipped past the path. I've updated the briefing to mention keeping an eye on it. It always works for me, but I'm usually on autopilot for testing. . . Sorry about that, but I've run each of these at least a couple dozen times already, so I know exactly how everything's supposed to work, and I don't hesitate the way someone doing it for the first time would. This is why it's nice to have guinea pi- errr. . . testers. . . to try it out and make mistakes and tell me what I've missed.

Bob