Thread: New Eurostar trainsets already deployed to Marseille?

Default New Eurostar trainsets already deployed to Marseille?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Eurostar already regularly deploys the new trainset (Velaro e320) on their London-Marseille summer service? I just saw a video on Youtube, an Ouigo ride from Lyon St-Exupery Station, wherein when the camera pans to the northbound platform, a Eurostar e320 trainset is sitting. Can't find any info elsewhere if this is already regular.

Thanks.

Hi there, I'm also a fan of the Eurostar, admittingly the older class 373 sets. According to the wiki pages they are built to serve services beyond the Eurostar core routes to Paris and Brussels. According to the wiki page there is only 4 sets of the class 374. I don't think that is accurate though? Eurostar was scrapping NOL sets that have sat for years. They also started scrapping non reliable Eurostar sets. The 373 have a lot of electrical problems and several of the sets are not very reliable. Those are the sets being disposed of currently according to what I've seen thus far.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Hi there, I'm also a fan of the Eurostar, admittingly the older class 373 sets. According to the wiki pages they are built to serve services beyond the Eurostar core routes to Paris and Brussels. According to the wiki page there is only 4 sets of the class 374. I don't think that is accurate though? Eurostar was scrapping NOL sets that have sat for years. They also started scrapping non reliable Eurostar sets. The 373 have a lot of electrical problems and several of the sets are not very reliable. Those are the sets being disposed of currently according to what I've seen thus far.

Robert
    Thanks. It says on the wiki they have 17 already and 4 still under manufacturing. But still I guess the Class 373 still outnumber them at present. Maybe that was a one-off service caught on the video haha.