Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TS12, T:ANE and the new TRS19

Default TS12, T:ANE and the new TRS19

I am reluctant to upgrade to the newest incarnation of this franchise, since the cost is considerable with this monthly scheme and the added value only so so.

Is TS12 obsolete by now? I still get updates but without a FTC they are unbearably slow.
    My copy of T:ANE is build 100544, but still says beta SP3.

Does any of that Trainz stuff ever get out of beta?

I looked at TRS19.trainzportal.com, but what I see there seems very toy like and the commercial DLC still as patchy as it always was.

No complete routes as in Train Simulator nor complete networks as in Run8.

From what I have read here, many locomotives have crude cabs dating back to the previous century.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Does any of that Trainz stuff ever get out of beta?

The latest 2019 build 100240 is where I am stopping, everything works fairly well. Got tired of chasing betas.

Still run TANE SP1 because things for operating trains like Cartagger still work.

Run TS12 to run the Dave Petersen CMTM routes, great idea destroyed by N3V. TS12 runs well on a new high end computer.

Looks like crap though.

Most N3V content is outdated. Third party stuff elevates the game.

New routes have really bad FPS so updating TANE versions is the best bet.

Harold

I am still confused.

There is only this Silver or Gold subscription model? And TRS2019 is still not officially released, but requires a continuous active membership to use? Your Content Vault is only yours as long as you subscribe? I seem to have all that "Content Vault" paid for in various earlier versions of the franchise.

And the DLS is still filled with old, obsolete and useless junk that should be either binned or updated to the latest level?

N3V is even worse than DTG when it comes to honest customer support, but this "membership" seems like a right rip-off with respect to the quality and 'newness' of the content. And is there really any exciting new content in the making?

2019 can be purchased without a subscription.

https://store.trainzportal.com/cart

Harold

You can buy the full international edition of TRS19 Edwin.

Or cheaper you can buy one of the regional editions.

You do not have to take up any of the subscriptions, those are optional.

Personally if i had never owned any of the Trainz releases.

I wouldn't waste my money on any of it. I only keep on buying each release, out of habit.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

My thoughts exactly, re: 'owning' the pleasure of Trainz in any shape or form. It is the only train sim that runs (poorly) on a Mac, so there is my reason, fool that I was.

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I'll look over the options since TS2012 and T:ANE are obsoleted and the only right way is forward, right?

I only ever use the latest version, Edwin.

That is bad enough, so i never go back to installing or running earlier releases of Trainz.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

And that is a true fact :O)

Trainz 2019 is in the Steam Summer Sale.

Any pro's and con's for getting the Steam version instead of the N3V version direct?

Will I be able to import the existing Tz12 and T:ANE DLC I have purchased before, since N3V seems to want to sell me this content for the third time?

I always buy direct from N3V, Edwin. But i really dislike Steam, i only buy games from there when there is no other choice.

I not sure about linking accounts from Steam to N3V. I did read something on the N3V forum that if you buy from Steam.

You need to contact the N3V help desk to register your Steam purchase.

Mike.