Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TS12, T:ANE and the new TRS19

Just this minute read this new post, Edwin.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...06#post1756706

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

hminky Posted

The latest 2019 build 100240 is where I am stopping, everything works fairly well.
    Yes same here. I have no problems with the regional American version which is build 100240 as well.
    I have also been running TRS2019 offline for a few days now, no worries.
    The only problem I have had so far is with one of RRMods locomotives and the air horn sound being a bit distorted.
    But that is probably something RRMods needs to fix with their Sound library script.

haverfordwest posted

You can buy the full international edition of TRS19 Edwin.

Or cheaper you can buy one of the regional editions.

You do not have to take up any of the subscriptions, those are optional.
    Yep! as I said in another thread as well, you don't need to buy any subscription and the regional editions are a great option if you don't want to fill your hard drive with routes, locomotives, buildings etc from countries your not interested in.

Cheers

James

OK, so I went for the USA Region offer. Since I have quite a few Jointed Rail and RRMods and other DLC.

Hopefully it is all compatible.

So I need to register my Trainz account in TRS2019 and all compatible DLC will start downloading?

Can I import the assets from T:ANE and Tz12?

Would like to get some HD space back and since the old versions are obsolete, what is the use of keeping them around.

Most of the built in assets from TS12/TANE and earlier (though not all the actual routes) can be downloaded from the DLS into TRS2019. On starting '19 you will also be prompted to download any N3V DLC you own and also a pack of legacy TANE assets.
    Vern.

Indeed it went just like that.
    TRS19 offered me to download all content, but only in cryptic descriptions, no clear text. So I let it run its course and after having set up a content folder NOT on my C: drive it downloaded for an hour and blew that folder up to 35GB!
    So now I am stuck with some really crude stuff I once bought that was never updated to the higher level of detail of later versions.
    Time to fire up Content Manager and do some cleaning up so only the stuff I really want to play remains.
    Then I should probably install the JR and RRMods and other payware.
    Don’t want to mess up a new and fresh install.

NorthernWarrior Posted

Most of the built in assets from TS12/TANE and earlier (though not all the actual routes) can be downloaded from the DLS into TRS2019. On starting '19 you will also be prompted to download any N3V DLC you own and also a pack of legacy
    TANE assets.
    When I installed my Trainz and started it, I got the download assets menu, but have chosen to ignore it for now to keep my install size small.

If you don't want automatic DLC, start Trainz and chose either my collection or Surveyor etc, and go to settings in the top left hand menu corner, select General Settings and un-tick automatically download DLC updates. You will still some times get the download assets menu when you start Trainz, but if you don't want to install any of the extra routes or content then just close that menu.

I am still deciding what I do want to install if any of the extra content at all, so It's a bit annoying when the assets menu does pop up sometimes and I think the only way to truly get rid of it is to install all of the routes and content and then delete what you don't want.

I also installed some more Jointed Rail Content today namely

BNSF C44-9W H2
    UP C41-8W
    UP C44-9W EX-SP
    Autoracks

The locomotives look fine and sound good with the cabs being okay providing you don't lower the shadow settings too much. I also installed some of guido73's hopper wagons from RRMods as well, but they are casting some strange shadows directly under the wagons.

Apart from minor issues with RRMods content everything is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    When I installed my Trainz and started it, I got the download assets menu, but have chosen to ignore it for now to keep my install size small.

If you don't want automatic DLC, start Trainz and chose either my collection or Surveyor etc, and go to settings in the top left hand menu corner, select General Settings and un-tick automatically download DLC updates. You will still some times get the download assets menu when you start Trainz, but if you don't want to install any of the extra routes or content then just close that menu.

I am still deciding what I do want to install if any of the extra content at all, so It's a bit annoying when the assets menu does pop up sometimes and I think the only way to truly get rid of it is to install all of the routes and content and then delete what you don't want.

Apart from minor issues with RRMods content everything is going well.
    Thanks for all that info. I'm a new user too and I've been pretty hesitant to download what's in that dialogue (being I wasn't too sure why it was even there). This isn't a negative reflection on Trainz I was leaving that stuff till later as I primarily want to learn the building route stuff. I laid some track for a route I'm building (about 3 tiles worth) in less than a week. I need to learn next how to bring in some of my own ground textures to Trainz to see how that works. I've already started assets for the route too. But I was always getting that dialogue on stuff to download and I wasn't sure if I needed to do that 'stuff' or not. Thanks again. - Rich

The only problem is that if you don't download the DLC when prompted or the downloads get interrupted, it can be a bit tricky to get them to start again!
    Vern.

Rich --

The other issue that arises is if you do download additional content and if you use the additional content in a route and if you plan to share the route on the Download Station, then you are assuming that everybody that downloads your route has also downloaded the same additional content that you did.

You can have multiple installations of TRS19. When constructing my layouts I always use an installation that is "clean", that is, one that does not include any additional content. Apart, of course, content from the Download Station -- which everybody has access to.

Phil

The one thing that is certain Rich, if you like building routes (and I know you do!) then you can have some great fun in Trainz. If you pick your traction and consists carefully the physics aren't so bad these days, either.

Once you get settled in, would also suggest you check out Transdem which, if you weren't already aware, is the one stop shop for getting a basic DEM route with mapping overlay into Trainz Surveyor ready to edit.
    Vern.