Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help.

Their installer suggested the "Trainsimulations" folder, which is not anywhere near, in, or under any existing "1MSTS" folder if you followed the Steam4Me MSTS installation tutorial way back when.

The Seligman route installer gave people a choice to change the destination folder, but since so many people didn't follow those suggested instructions, the Ruel sub installer did not give anybody a choice to change that installation folder, it planted the route in the Trainsimulations folder whether you liked it or not.

All the new Trainsimulations routes can share the same Global folder, but they cannot share with any MSTS predecessors.

Was able to restore my game, thankfully I had the common sense to have a backup Global file. 2 more weeks of this cast and then it gets removed.

Just create another folder, whatever named, but a copy of your global and sounds in it from your MSTS folder, and the new trainsimulations routes folder in it too.
    Add it to Open Rails locations (Options and then content).
    Done
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Oh Boy!, am I glad I checked this thread as I was going to download and install Ruell,but got pre-occupied with building numerous Activities for what I have now. I know I would have made the same mistake! That is why it pays to read these threads!!!! Brian

Michelle,

You should try to make mini routes... Its basically very simple to create and faster to load up.. I just dont have to open up MSTS, as I have it all listed into Open Rails root directory, select the route I like and voila... you are set to play.
    Dave Edwards

Michelle, sorry to hear of your fall. I am glad to hear you are mending. That experience does not sound good at all.
    Christopher

My textures are still missing roads and tracks. I re-installed xtracks and copied and installed tsection52 data file to my global directory and get the same thing. Do I rename the tsection file the game backed up in my global file and copy them or what do I do to fix it. Thanks A Lot!

Hi FireEngine,
    If you're using the latest tsection.dat file, it shouldn't be changed, unless the route uses its own 'special' version, in which case it should be in a mini-route! As mentioned previously, this also applies to ORTS-only routes, like those issued by Trainsimulations.net

In any case, we need more information, please
    What route?
    MSTS or Open Rails?
    Are you certain XTracks/NewRoads have been installed correctly?

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi FireEngine,
    If you're using the latest tsection.dat file, it shouldn't be changed, unless the route uses its own 'special' version, in which case it should be in a mini-route! As mentioned previously, this also applies to ORTS-only routes, like those issued by Trainsimulations.net

In any case, we need more information, please
    What route?
    MSTS or Open Rails?
    Are you certain XTracks/NewRoads have been installed correctly?

Cheers,
    Ged
    Almost all routes look like that having no roads and track textures. I am using Open Rails. XTracks and New Roads have been installed correctly.

So what routes do have road and track textures?
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.