Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help.

Default Help.

Hi, I think I made a huge mistake, I updated my Tsecton.dat file now almost all the routes are no longer showing the track or roadbed textures. So I went back to the orginal one and it's still not working. This is also affecting my payware routes.
    What do I do to fix this?

Hi Michelle,

I will assume you updated the global tsection.
    Just upgrade to the latest in the file library, v52.
    Cheers
    Derek

I did do that and it's not fixing the issue Derrick
    Open Rails 2019-07-04 12-53-28.jpg

The OpenRailsLog.txt file may be of help here.
    Place a check in the 'Logging' box on the OR opening screen. Start any problem activity and if you see the problem end the activity.

You'll see a OpenRailsLog.txt file on your desktop. Attach to post if you've got questions or need help interpreting the info.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Did you add either of the Trainsimulations routes for ORTS only (Seligman or Ruel) and not quarantine them properly?

Tsection only deals with shapes, looking at your screenshot, clearly the shapes are still in place. The things that are missing are the textures required by these shapes. Adding the Trainsimulations ORTS routes to your MSTS routes folder/s changes the shapes in the Global/Shapes folder to ones that use DDS textures, but retain the original shape names. That is why the Trainsimulations installer shows a message that these routes should not be installed into the MSTS routes folder.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Oh did I make a HUGE Mistake, I just noticed that I did NOT quarantine them correctly so how do I fix this mess?

Your choices are to either restore the Global/shapes folder (reinstalling the shapes that call upon ACE texture files) or keep the DDS-calling shapes and add DDS copies of the Acleantrack(s) files to all your other routes/textures folders that share the same installation. Of course, the latter choice means none of the routes will actually work in MSTS anymore.

If you want to restore the ACE calling shapes, and you don't have a backup, the easiest way is to save your current Tsection to safe place, and then run the basic Xtracks installer again for the MSTS installation (which will probably install Tsection 38 again), and then restore any higher Tsection you saved. And then you have to extract the new route material added to Routes and Trains

The Trainsimulations ORTS routes are designed to be free of ACE files, which is why you cannot mix them with MSTS route installations.

And if you use x-tracks, you may need to reinstall them too.

First, move the new OR only routes to their own location and add that location to OR.

Then fix your global/shapes folder as the Geepster suggested....................

btw, their is a way to run just one trainset folder instead of multiples when using mini routes besides trainstore.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Okay, another question. when you say separate from MSTS routes should it Make a new folder in MSTS or in OR?

PS sorry I haven't been around I took a pretty bad fall down the steps where I live and things didn't go so well.