Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help.

I had a full back up of my T section file. I have learned from past experance to ALWAYS back up everything with MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    So what routes do have road and track textures?
    The Pocahontas District route has road and track textures. Others after checking them have a lot of missing roads and track textures but some are there. Also the Open Rails Seligman and the CN Ruel Subdivision has full road and track textures to.
    Last edited by FireEngine; 07-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Hi FireEngine,
    The Open Rails Seligman and the CN Ruel Subdivision routes should NOT be in the same installation as ANY MSTS routes!!

If you do have them in installation/s separate from MSTS, then is the Pocahontas route in an installation with other routes which do not show road and track textures?

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi FireEngine,
    The Open Rails Seligman and the CN Ruel Subdivision routes should NOT be in the same installation as ANY MSTS routes!!

If you do have them in installation/s separate from MSTS, then is the Pocahontas route in an installation with other routes which do not show road and track textures?

Cheers,
    Ged

All of my routes are installed in the same route directory. The open rails routes are there to but are setup in the trainsimulatoons where the content is setup.

Hi FireEngine,
    Hmmm??
    Am I to understand that you've got a trainsimulations folder inside your MSTS ROUTES folder, which contains its own GLOBAL, ROUTES, SOUNDS and TRAINS folders? If so, I suppose that the ORTS routes can be considered as separate from the MSTS routes, but what a complicated setup!! Also, you must be absolutely certain into which root folder you're adding things like XTracks and NewRoads.

Apologies if I've got it wrong, but that is how I've read your post!

Cheers,
    Ged

Yep, I really don't understand his reply....but whatever, the ONLY routes that should be inside the "TrainSimulations\Trainsimulations Content\ROUTES" folder are:
    BNSF_Seligman_ORTS
    CN_RUEL
    TS_StarterRoute
    all other MSTS/OR routes should be placed elsewhere, not in ANY of the TrainSimulations folders.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEngine View Post
    I re-installed xtracks and copied and installed tsection52 data file to my global directory

My Global directory? You should end up with TWO Global directories. One for the new Trainsimulations routes (ORTS Seligman and ORTS Ruel), and the other for all your previous MSTS and earlier Open Rails routes (like the freeware pocahontas route, and SLI's payware Green River and Mactier routes)

The two Global folders means you will end up with a minimum of TWO Open Rails installations. There is NO WAY AROUND THAT SPLIT. You cannot consolidate them, or make one subordinate to the other. One for the new routes which relies upon DDS textures only, and one for the old that relies upon ACE textures.

I was able to fix and restore my game. I had to re-install both xtracks and new roads. I tested several routes that were missed up and they now work. Thanks A Lot for the help! Much Appreciated!

Glad to hear you were able to restore your game. Big thing about this game is keeping back up of your original files for such emergency.

I've mostly converted over to ORTS now... but I tend to have everything installed in C:\Programs\ (Not the windows supplied folders) and in there I maintain TSRE, ORTS, MSTS(and sub folders), any 3rd party UTILS folders... and a new one I call ORTSworld. Now when I need a backup, I just save "Programs" (or a subfolder) off to whatever media I use. My ORTS specific stuff is ALWAYS in ORTSworld. Granted, a lot of installers are pretty stupid and still want to use "Program Files (x86)" but usually you can get around that... maybe after the fact...

Anyway... This all seems to work out well for keeping ORTS specific content nicely isolated but still "in the same vicinity".
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts