Thread: Have a question about copy the files from the six default routes

Question Have a question about copy the files from the six default routes

I am not sure what to do with " Run the installme.bat file within the GN_Hi-Line directory. As I don't have the program of Microsoft Train Simulator anymore because of problems won't start the program. Decided that is enough with this program but did not realize that I still need to run if run the installme.bat file to copy all the six default routes in MSTS. Can I make a temporary folder in C:/ drive but not do anything with this to run the game just need for the files. Or still have to install outside the C:/ drive. Or maybe you have a better idea about installme.bat file to copy the six default routes in the Routes folder and nothing else in it or still have to have all the files in the program of Microsoft Train Simulator. Well I download the zip files of GN Hi-Line route from the file library here but did not realized till after unzip them and see the readme.txt about " Run the installme.bat file within the GN_Hi-Line directory. " All I have is the program of Open Rails to run the Routes and Trains ( Trainset and Consists ) also two other folders, Global and Sound in the program of Open Rails

Let me know what to do with this part to run the installme.bat for this route from the six default routes.

Have a great day!

John
    Last edited by cn bala; 07-04-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Here's what you do:

Install MSTS, but don't actually use the program. Just have it for the content, as I do. I also use OR to drive a default route once in a while

Exactly. Run the MSTS installer, let it create the Routes folder with the 6 default routes, copy the Routes folder to a safe place, and zip it up for storage and then you can uninstall MSTS. Anytime you have a route that has a batch file, unzip the saved Routes folder in a separate place, move the new route temporarily to that routes folder, and run the batch file. When complete, put the new route wherever you want it to go, and then you can delete the temp folder containing the 6 defaults.

A zipped up copy of the 6 defaults is one of those things everyone should have done back in their XP days. Then you don't have to worry about MSTS being installed anymore. Or installing it again (and again and again) just to run a batch file. Liberate yourself with some advanced planning.