Thread: Trying to get the right link of Train Simulator version

Question Trying to get the right link of Train Simulator version

For the last hour this morning I am trying to install the file of TrainUpdate after installed the program of Microsoft Train Simulator. I know some of you will probably will say that which drive did I install the program of Microsoft Train Simulator and mine is in J:/ not C:/, Thank you! I have the original disks of Microsoft Train Simulator which is the version with 1.0. No problem to install the program but not the update because still show me the version with 1.3 not 1.4. So what should I do with this to uninstall them and start all over again to install the program of Microsoft Train Simulator then all other files required which was posted at the site of steam4me as I followed step by step to install them.

Let me know about this also can run the version 1.3 or must have version 1.4 for the program of Microsoft Train Simulator.

Thank you again,

John

Where did you download from? If it was from this page http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html at the very bottom you have the correct version. If not then get it from http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html and install over what you have.
    Charles

Charles -- want to say thank you for your reply and that's the place where I got the download link from the site at steam4me. I think that the best thing for me is to uninstall them then start with a fresh install in my SSD ( J:/ ).

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
    You may have missed the warning when running it, but Train_Update1.exe will automatically install into the original default MSTS location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator); this MUST be changed to your specific root folder (eg J:\1MSTS). Please note that you can't just install MSTS to J:\. Note, also, if the file you're using is named trainupdate.exe, that is NOT the full update! If you really are updating from MSTS v1.0, you should download the Class 50 Content & SD40-2 Content files and install them (they, too, will attempt to install into the default MSTS location.

Cheers,
    Ged

Question: if John is using OR as his simulator, MSTS for the routes ( for install bats ) and perhaps the AE, does he need to install all the other updates and BIN? Trainupdate.exe and the Class 50 Content & SD40-2 Content files don't have anything to do with the AE, just the default MSTS equipment and the MSTS exe file, correct?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Yes I did direct the file to install to J:\1MSTS.

John

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Question: if John is using OR as his simulator, MSTS for the routes ( for install bats ) and perhaps the AE, does he need to install all the other updates and BIN? Trainupdate.exe and the Class 50 Content & SD40-2 Content files don't have anything to do with the AE, just the default MSTS equipment and the MSTS exe file, correct?
    NO! 1.4 Updated the following:

1. Video Card Issues (modified mprofiler.exe)
    2. Marias Pass Refueling (modified dash9 and GP38 ENGine file)
    3. Coupler Functionality and Train.exe update
    4. Winter Textures (textures missing from Routes\Japan1\Textures\Night: JP1HadanoAlph.ace and JP1KaiseAlpha.ace)
    5. Night Textures (texture missing from Routes\Japan2\Textures\Snow: US2FuelStation.ace)
    6. Orient-Express Gölsdorf 380 Refueling (missing coal texture and modified tender WAGon file)
    7. Editing Tools see files list below.
      editfiles.JPG
    Charles

Sorry for no reply for a while and thought to let you all know now that everything is good with Microsoft Train Simulator ver. 1.4. Now I have another question about which icon to create a shortcut for Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and Tools on desktop.

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Sorry for no reply for a while and thought to let you all know now that everything is good with Microsoft Train Simulator ver. 1.4. Now I have another question about which icon to create a shortcut for Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and Tools on desktop.

John
    That is step #18 in the Steam4Me procedures.
    Charles