Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Massive Sale on for TSW

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Got that in one Geoff. I talk EAOT constantly, as you may have noticed.

Mike.
    I wouldn't say that Mike . I didn't mean it in reference to your posts in general. As you rightly said about the speed of new and exciting arrivals my point was that the downside is that the shite arrives quicker too ....and dare I suggest that folk don't cope with that as well as they did in our day? Of course we had lower expectations? so delight at the new was more the norm? But then maybe I'm just a GOG
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I would Geoff, i just enjoy a good laugh.

I agree with you buddy, in regards all your points.

You are a GOG, Geoff ? I didn't realise you were from North Wales. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogs

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I think Geoff meant he is a Grumpy Old Git, Mike, there are quite a few of us about on this forum.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Yeah i know Steve, i was just yanking his chain.

I am old but i ain't grumpy, my medication doesn't allow me to be miserable buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I keep looking at the D1000 and that Tees Valley route on Steam, i know i am going to be tempted eventually

The other foreign stuff doesn't interest me, so my money is safe with those.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I keep looking at the D1000 and that Tees Valley route on Steam, i know i am going to be tempted eventually
    Mike.
    Be careful Mike, I've bought virtually every bit of DLC due to temptation, played with things twice and then pushed them to the back of the wardrobe, take a deep breath now and move along......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Be careful Mike, I've bought virtually every bit of DLC due to temptation, played with things twice and then pushed them to the back of the wardrobe, take a deep breath now and move along......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Hahahahahahahaha, nice one Steve. I will have a think untill next pension day (a week this coming Friday).

Mike.

There are a lot of disappointing games out there and not just train stuff. A while back I bought "Fernbus" which was created by our old friends TML, who did the World Of Subways. Left it dormant for a while but fired up last night - what a pile of crap Half the key bindings missing and, when I set them up, none worked. Couldn't close the luggage door as prompted or switch the headlights on. Juddered along at around 8 FPS with massive blank areas where the textures were failing to render.

Now uninstalled as a waste of 7Gb of HD space. Not a patch on Euro Truck Sim 2 or OMSI 2, the other German bus sim.
    Vern.

Yes, I have had my share of disappointing sim games too.

Any ship simulation on the high seas, ships are ssllllooowww and no matter the computing power of your PC, it is still impossible to render convincing even mildly rough seas in real time. You mostly fall back on a 'bridge simulation' and that could be any kind of vehicle, even Starship Enterprise, LOL.

Construction machinery sims, though sometimes nicely rendered and fun to try operating get boring pretty soon when you've complete all your jobs.

ETS and ATS are fun driving sims though, with well made worlds, and there are lots of mods made by an active community.

Farming Simulator used to be one of my favourite sim games, but after FS15 with I got together with my Saitek tractor wheel, pedals and panel, both FS17 and FS19 failed to impress me for lack of innovative new features.
    Cattle&Crops progress is very slow.

I had high hopes of TSW, but DTG seriously failed to deliver and I doubt they ever will given the constraints of both UE4 and DTG's resources.
    Train Simulator is still the better option, and it allows you to 'create' and 'play'.
    TRS19 which I just got for my iMac is still Trainz incarnate, and to my chagrin lots of compatibility problems with my older commercial DLC purchases.

Run8 is nice though, you can drive your trains and/or control your network, which is hardly ever boring now you can program AI.
    Running a local serving industries is pretty tedious though, probably much like in real life working for the railroad.

Flight sims there are plenty, from casual novice to pro training, and most of them are good.
    Flight control and instrumentation hardware and planes can be expensive though.

Virtual reality gives most sims a new life, however those goggles ... and the lack of affordable 'tactile gloves' makes controlling things awkward.
    I got used to the Vive wands though, but having need of both wands and steering wheel/joystick is clumsy and you risk breaking expensive things.
    Last edited by Edwin; 07-16-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Never found a UK bus sim Vern, so i am not interested.

I would be straight in with my wallet, if there was. London Transport Central & LT Country would be spot on for me.

RT's, RM's, RF's, Merlins and Swifts.

Edwin has posted War & Peace and i have a headache, half way through it.

TS2019 is the best of a bad bunch, i agree buddy. But operationally Trainz wins, with it's AI shunting, working industries and flexibility.

But then bombs out badly with it's lousy physics, lousy generic cabviews for most loco's. Total lack of decent payware for the UK or Australia. Plus a host of features for better realism, that should have been implimented donkeys years ago.

Mike.