Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boston to albany route

Default boston to albany route

Does anyone know what happened to the Boston to Albany railroad line route? Can I get a copy of it or is it taken off the trainsim route list?

Law Doctor

Several years ago I made the same inquiry and was told that the author withdrew the download after much criticism of the quality of the route.

Fred

Still have that route, and it could use an serious upgrade... Remove all those NEC PRR signals and needs to be replaced with real NYC searchlights or CR trilight signals.. Trackage and grading could fare better, remove excess trackage as theres no point for it. Convert the route to Open Rails, and its good to go.
    Dave Edwards

I've just finished scripting of a CR trilight set for Matt's Detroit-Toledo project. NYC searchlights may be done in the future, but it likely won't be soon

I don't think the route has demex. No custom structures. Honestly it is probably better to start afresh. I know the real B&A reasonably well and I can't tell where I am when running this MSTS version. Granted the track is probably off an older track chart than what is in my head.

(Compare to the Cape Cod route which does take some fictional liberties, most notably the double track but I can still tell just where I'm at. Of course I know that route even better.)

Quote Originally Posted by dedwa15237 View Post
    Still have that route, and it could use an serious upgrade... Remove all those NEC PRR signals and needs to be replaced with real NYC searchlights or CR trilight signals.. Trackage and grading could fare better, remove excess trackage as theres no point for it. Convert the route to Open Rails, and its good to go.
    Piece of cake.

Fred

Wasn't there another one based in the 50's in the works? I remeber seeing a preview on YouTube but I guess its gone.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Yes, Cory. It includes a lot of New Haven.
    Project is stalled.

It's Ironic that over on the RW/TS/TSW forums they're moaning about lack of West Coast Routes.... whilst here in MSTS/OR land we're frustrated by lack of more NE routes? It's not that there aren't some great ones! Conn River is oustanding (IMO) and beta versions of Buffalo and the LIRR seem under reported and used (if the screenshot section is anything to go by)? Move a little South and there's the massive PRR route and Blue Comet but there are still huge gaps. NH, NYC waterlevel, B&M (Nth and Sth of Boston itself) just for starters.

If you look at BLW/ZT stock packs there's dozens of roads modelled for which there are few (IF ANY) routes, and certainly few of the quality of Conn River.

Of course the other issue is that a lot of folk "still don't get it" about era?

If they appreciated the wider history of railroads and railways (it's an international phenomenon) they'd realise that their constant demands for "Modern Era" routes is going to get them routes that were a shadow of their former selves in the Transition era. That's not my opinion, that's FACT. Not only have thousands of miles of track been abandoned, even removed, but types of traffic have gone. Short haul freight, local drop off freight, local passenger traffic, mixed passenger and freight traffic, milk trains etc. etc. are no longer part of most "modern" railroad/railways.

I guess the trouble is us old gits read books?! LOL!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK