Thread: boston to albany route

Default boston to albany route

Does anyone know what happened to the Boston to Albany railroad line route? Can I get a copy of it or is it taken off the trainsim route list?

Law Doctor

Several years ago I made the same inquiry and was told that the author withdrew the download after much criticism of the quality of the route.

Fred

Still have that route, and it could use an serious upgrade... Remove all those NEC PRR signals and needs to be replaced with real NYC searchlights or CR trilight signals.. Trackage and grading could fare better, remove excess trackage as theres no point for it. Convert the route to Open Rails, and its good to go.
    Dave Edwards

I've just finished scripting of a CR trilight set for Matt's Detroit-Toledo project. NYC searchlights may be done in the future, but it likely won't be soon

I don't think the route has demex. No custom structures. Honestly it is probably better to start afresh. I know the real B&A reasonably well and I can't tell where I am when running this MSTS version. Granted the track is probably off an older track chart than what is in my head.

(Compare to the Cape Cod route which does take some fictional liberties, most notably the double track but I can still tell just where I'm at. Of course I know that route even better.)

Quote Originally Posted by dedwa15237 View Post
    Still have that route, and it could use an serious upgrade... Remove all those NEC PRR signals and needs to be replaced with real NYC searchlights or CR trilight signals.. Trackage and grading could fare better, remove excess trackage as theres no point for it. Convert the route to Open Rails, and its good to go.
    Piece of cake.

Fred

Wasn't there another one based in the 50's in the works? I remeber seeing a preview on YouTube but I guess its gone.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY