Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville v2

Doing some boxcar switching

Off to Coleco at Broadalbin Jct with the last 2 cars

Returning south

Arriving Gloversville to pick up my cars for the Fonda interchange

Havin' fun on the FJ&G I see. Paul's original FJ&G was one of the first routes I ever downloaded and installed into MSTS ( hadn't found OR yet ) and I was immediately impressed by the architecture and atmosphere of it. His routes show an interesting slice of history...nice shots geepster.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Nice shots, glad to see others enjoying the route. Before MS ever brought out TrainSim I had 3rd PlanIt software and I had too much time on my hands and no place for a layout. Ended up designing an N scale basement size layout for the FJ&G.

Paul :-)

Hi Paul,

That is a great layout plan...i hope someone from Model Railroader will contact you...it needs publishing...

Michel

I think this must have been 1993 I made this. Back then I was beta testing for Randy at 3PI.

I think a lot of us have had grandiose plans of building a dream route at one time or another. I know I did.
    I invested a lot of time drawing up plans, studying maps, reading MR magazine, but there was always not enough time, money and/or room.
    Finally in 2005 I got a job working in Germany and had to let a lot of stuff go. I gave all of my model RR stuff to my neighbor. It made him very happy and I've never looked back.
    Today I've got 10s of thousands of route miles, thousands of locomotives and rolling stock. I have 4854 scenery items, at last count.
    With the release of OpenRails and TSRE5 the limits are boundless.
    I have spent less than what I would on a single brass locomotive.
    The best part? It fits in my pocket.

Thank you Paul, and all of the others who have worked to make it what it is.
    Randy

You always have lots of time to design your dream layout when you don't have space for it! I did build an HO Fonda one years, just a narrow 2 x 24 foot version. Painted a brass S-2 for the FJ&G and had some fun switching the yard but with no customers it got a little boring a little too quickly.