Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fonda Johnstown and Gloversville v2

Hi Paul,

I have to say this is the best shortline I have run.
    I have sent you a note via email.
    Cheers
    Derek

Morning All,

Derek found and corrected the WORK ORDER 01-Sep-80 Monday, must have been asleep at the switch as I numbered every car with a "0" at the end!

WORK ORDER 01-Sep-80 Monday.txt

Thanks Derek!

Nice set of pictures Geepster, always interesting to see your work through the eyes of someone else.

Paul :-)

Very Nice update to the FJ&G Paul. Another exceptional route you've created. As I've said before, the student has far surpassed the teacher. Keep up the great work.

Rich S.

Thanks Rich,

This did start from the original FJ&G but I stripped it down to the terrain only leaving the tracks, roads, and the structures I built for the original. Fun little railroad, I always had a "thing" for this one!

Hi Paul,

Congrats for your excellent work on v2!

I am providing a link below about an Activity Generator (AG) Template now finished and is currently tested before released for our AG users. 20 pictures to see.

http://skylinecomputing.com/forums/i...t=0&#entry4682

Enjoy the shots

Good Morning:

I have been having a nice time running the new FJ&G route and I think as much as I liked the original route this is not nearly as complicated, the original was a real head scratcher sometimes.

One question I have is about the freight houses. It seems that they are now just an extra yard track to store cars. The only one that was used as a freight house was the one in Broadalbin. I tried to look it up on the Internet but I guess I am getting to old. I became a great granddad two weeks ago so in another 3 or 4 years I will have another Internet expert to help me.

Thanks for creating this route it will be a keeper for a ling time.

Chandler

Hi Chandler,

The freight houses in Johnstown and Gloversville was closed and yes, their tracks were just used as yard tracks. The offices of the FJ&G were moved to the freight house in Gloversville after the station fire in the early 1970s. The freight house in Broadalbin was still used by two shippers, Pinewood Sawdust who's track was still in place but their packaging and shipping building burned and one other who was off line. There were several businesses that were no longer shipping, some not even open, who still had tracks in place.

More shots of the activity. Since I needed to run around the UP boxcar to place it on a facing point spur, and I needed to use the same track for the runaround move that the SSW boxcar was destined for, I ended up with the power sandwiched in between. Runaround in Lower Johnstown and pushed to Upper Johnstown.

Placing the SSW car on the passing track also used by the freight house.

Making the rest of my setoffs in Upper Johnstown

On the way to Gloversville with the remaining 4 cars

Stopped to work the old electrified main stub track. Will pick up one at the tannery and drop the CV car of newsprint off for the publishing house

Since the publishing house unloads on the 'main', I needed to shove to the end and grab the car from the tannery first

Some sharp curves for an RS2

Dropped the newsprint at the forklift dock at the publishers

Train back together and continuing on to Gloversville

Passing the abandoned steam era turntable

Running around the TOFC to shove it to the ramp