Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BR Various

Default BR Various

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Nice shots Mike. The Wherry Lines has grown on me, though at present I'm driving one of the Jap lines which I could have sworn I refunded... (obviously not!).
    Vern.

Thank you Vern. It is a nice little route, not usually my thing. But it is really well done, it has a nice feel.

Re-installed TS2019 yesterday, cannot remember the last time it was on the pc.

I am hoping to change all the scenarios to BR Green\Blue. I have very limited knowledge of the area, railway wise.

But i believe it was all 31's, 37's, 47's, 101's and 105's.

Which Jap line is that Vern ?

I got sick of Trainz for the time being anyway. Cancelled my Gold Membership and deleted the lot.

Mike.

The Hidaka "Main" Line which is actually a weed strewn single track branch along the coast. A bit flat scenery wise and the little railcar sounds like MSTS' Kiha but on second viewing not too bad.
    Vern.

Re TRS2019 Mike, I hear where you are coming from as I also have a love/hate relationship with the whole wibbly wobbly thing. It's easy to get tempted into building a route with Transdem available plus all the assets on the DLS. Then you realise you can still only free drive it, setting the points as you go and no way of building up a timetable. The RhB loco or railcar which I had to hunt the dependencies for, turns out to have a cab view from 2002 and no interior passenger view so you can't just say "sod it" and let the AI drive.

However I then fire up the DTG RE and you realise the limitations on what you have to work with (the three Thomson RhB routes all have entirely custom built stations, there are no free form assets not even platforms) and my pet gripe for the last 12 years - their lousy terrain palette and painting tools. Guess I just have to persevere, particularly as MSTS/OR seems to have slipped off my radar. After the hard drive issues a few weeks ago, I got as far as putting base MSTS back on, but none of the routes and not Open Rails either. Once you've refreshed yourself with one of the classier routes in DTG such as Wherry or the two WCML routes, really can't go back to something from nearly 20 years ago - even with its freeware makeover.
    Vern.

Thanks Vern, don't think i have that. I used to buy everything going for Railworks\TSxxxx.

I have US routes i have barely looked at. That old Kiha in MSTS, i used that at the very begining to create a DMU activity for the S&C route. How times and expectations have changed buddy.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Re TRS2019 Mike, I hear where you are coming from as I also have a love/hate relationship with the whole wibbly wobbly thing. It's easy to get tempted into building a route with Transdem available plus all the assets on the DLS. Then you realise you can still only free drive it, setting the points as you go and no way of building up a timetable. The RhB loco or railcar which I had to hunt the dependencies for, turns out to have a cab view from 2002 and no interior passenger view so you can't just say "sod it" and let the AI drive.

However I then fire up the DTG RE and you realise the limitations on what you have to work with (the three Thomson RhB routes all have entirely custom built stations, there are no free form assets not even platforms) and my pet gripe for the last 12 years - their lousy terrain palette and painting tools. Guess I just have to persevere, particularly as MSTS/OR seems to have slipped off my radar. After the hard drive issues a few weeks ago, I got as far as putting base MSTS back on, but none of the routes and not Open Rails either. Once you've refreshed yourself with one of the classier routes in DTG such as Wherry or the two WCML routes, really can't go back to something from nearly 20 years ago - even with its freeware makeover.
    Nice for Trainz route builders like yourself Vern, particularly as you understand TransDEM. Surveyor is easily the easiest of the route creation tools in any of the train games. I purchased TransDEM last year hoping to be able to use it to add a World Object to an old route and then add background maps to work from for adding the scenery.

No go apparantly and anyway once the route is built. Then it's down to driving low res models, with cabs from the dark ages (which are generic in most cases). Other aspects of driving very much lacking, that even DTG manage to impliment.

Don't want to talk out of turn Vern. But you can create paths in TRS19, using the Enhanced Interlocking Tower from the DLS, author "pguy". Enables you to create a path that a player controlled train can drive along. Also allows you to set the path to auto allow any other consists on the route, to use it. Bit long winded to create the paths, but easy enough to understand buddy.

Very limited assets when route creating in DTG's RE Vern. Particularly over the last few years. With the mania for making stations, as one model and that also applies to other railway infrastructure as well. The painting and terrain forming tools in RE are very crude and unwieldy. But there again i much prefer to drive around on my unfinished DTG SW Wales route in all the lovely GWR BR-WR loco's by Victory Works. Than do the same on the same unfinished route in Trainz, where there isn't any decent payware to run on it. Plus the driving experience is purely Triang Trains anyway

MSTS is long gone here Vern, never think about installing it. Even Open Rails seems a bit lack lustre these days, for me personally.

I have the merged version of WCML-N & WCML Shap, cannot remember where i got it from now. But much nicer being able to run it all in one go.

Mike.