Thread: signals not lighting up

Default signals not lighting up

Some routes in OR the signals do not light up. The signals still work.
    Two routes it happens in are Full Bucket 3 & Full Bucket Comm. FBL1 & FBL2 are OK.
    Those first routes are OK in MSTS. Have searched User manual & can't find anything there. The signals are searchlight. Don't know what happens with semaphores.
    There are a couple of other routes this also happens in but don't remember what they are.
    Any help appreciated

Habeas logus!
    (Bring forth the log)

What does it say? I use it to correct signal errors all the time. It probably isn't a missing texture, as that'll show a blank square texture in place of a light. My first guess, knowing nothing else, is maybe the light colors are improperly defined or something, or a script error allowing the signals to go dark

There aren't any error messages. The lights just don't light up.
    And it's OK in MSTS

Lance

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
    There aren't any error messages.

You are not reading carefully....... OR spits out an log (Notepad) attachment that leaves on the Desktop.. It does not "pop up" an error message. You need to read the log and find the culprit..
    Dave Edwards

If I remember correctly, this problem was brought up and solved about 3-5 years ago...I looked for the thread at ET, couldn't find it.
    However, I think the problem is with the beginning of the sigcfg.dat file.
    Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0G0t______

Skip _(

SIGNAL TYPE NAMING STANDARD
    OR does not accept the "Skip _(" portion of the file. It was either the space or the "_" that was the problem? ( don't recall which )
    You can either remove the complete Skip section ( backup original) or just change the file to read:
    Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0G0t______

Skip (

SIGNAL TYPE NAMING STANDARD
    -- which I believe should work, my understanding of sigcfg.dat files is close to nil, but I think "Skip" or "_Skip" is what passes for "Comment" in other files? The sigcfg file I found in my installed copy (and running without problems) of the FBL3 has the skip section removed.
    Perhaps a more knowledgeable response than mine will turn up.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry,

That fixed it. The skip section is missing in FBL1 and FBL2. I just deleted the _ symbol.

Lance

Dave,

I went through the log file ( it's pretty big } and couldn't see anything about signals at all.
    Anyhow Gerry has solved the problem

Thanks
    Lance

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
    Dave,

I went through the log file ( it's pretty big } and couldn't see anything about signals at all.
    Anyhow Gerry has solved the problem

Thanks
    Lance
    Lance, the "pretty big" description of the log bothers me, the log is large, but if yours is showing other warnings, especially those involving sound files, best to clear them up...excess sound warnings can eventually cause OR to choke.
    Happy I could remember the remedy to the dark signal problem, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I don't ever recall signal issues being logged unless I had a bad config or script file.