Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

ETS2 is fun not realistic. All the train games are not fun, not realistic and fall far short of what could be done with them.

Open Rails excluded, as it's free and beyond critisism.

Only fools and charlatans decry views that do not fit in with their smug little world.

Seeking the solace of yes men, achieves nothing.

Hence why i never subscribe to the rubbish about constructive critisism only allowed.

The other forum being the worst culprit for that.

There is no hate in my case, just total scorn and mistrust of all the charlatans involved in this hobby (payware).
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    And they will never listen as your world view of this stuff and their world view of graphics is everything is never going to have common ground.

DTG will forever be deaf and dumb to the customer's expectations. They couldn't care less what you think simply because what you care about they can't do.

Rich
    Quite true actually. MattP himself wrote on the company Discord something like:

"I think we know best what we think you want from TSW" (we = DTG obviously)

Hence they keep churning out short to-and-fro-and-back passenger routes with hardly a challenge apart from staying abreast of the bugs.
    They need to keep turning out DLC to keep the cash flowing, but with the number of buyers vs the costs of development, resources are going to be very tight and progress very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Quite true actually. MattP himself wrote on the company Discord something like:

"I think we know best what we think you want from TSW" (we = DTG obviously).......
    A very dystopian attitude. I wonder if he ever read "1984".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Anyone got the update yet? Mine appears to be trying to grab the files but unable to latch on. Will be interesting to see what "discount" is being offered on the various routes.

Edit: According to Steam, it's a 2.2Gb update but at the moment it's "queued" or pre-allocating space.
    Vern.

Not installed here Vern. The pc is empty of any train games.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Eventually the upgrade downloaded.

I've only played with the Trans Pennine route and, maybe it's just me, but the graphics do seem slightly improved, less washed out and more lifelike. Sounds also slightly better (perhaps) with the Class 45 sounding louder in cab and a nice brake rub effect too.

I dabbled with the new "Journey" feature - seems a little patronising, possibly useful for newcomers to the sim or when you buy a new route but so far it has not been a sequential chain of 24 hour events but rather a set of unconnected short scenarios.

Need to see what's different on the other routes which were pretty dire like Sandpatch and GWML - Trans Pennine was reasonable from the outset. Don't worry Mike, I won't be away from ETS2 for too long!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Not installed here Vern. The pc is empty of any train games......
    Jeeez! Do you change your socks as often, Mike?!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well Journey mode dumps you back at the start of the particular scenario, not where you saved it.

GWML and the WSR are the same as before, no improvement I could see. That was enough to get me back on ETS2 quickly before bedtime.
    Vern.

Pheeeeeew thought you had jumped ship Vern.

I change my socks every day Bruce. Military upbringing buddy, untill i was 13 yrs old.

Mike.

Well, having watched the first 10 minutes of the Twitch stream on the Peninsular Corridor route I can see that DTG have really gone to town on the new enhancements, even Matt P is wearing Pink girlie headphones for his live tv performance, and the 8,300 reward points for using the F40PH cab light really made me laugh. I see they've now branched out into the clothing retail sector, with baseball caps and t-shirts, and no doubt coffee mugs and other accessories for the die hard fans to wear whilst playing the game, it's just the same old DTG, when will they grow up into a real professional outfit.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.