Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

Run 8 it ain't! (Or even Derail Valley).
    Vern.

"one of the best...of some freight operations."
    Several UP locos hauling a freight train hardly constitutes "operations"....in my opinion.

I agree 100%. I know this has been said many times before, but here goes. If TSW had the operational opportunities of Run8, and the ability of being able to add rolling stock and design our own operations as Train Sim 2019, we might have an acceptable rail sim.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

We can only wait for “the editor” and hope this provides an easy way to make up your own trains WYSIWYG and schedules by pointing, clicking and arranging way points.

Since last December I’ve seen nothing on the editor and how it works for these simple and basic tasks.

Perhaps come Christmas?

Free roaming?

Actual route building?

Everything is cooked solid in UE4. DTG no doubt is working on finding a solution, but with resources low and strained, progress is bound to be slow.

I've watched videos of it & not really that impressed. Still seem to be doing mult-track routes so the trains will never interact with one another, no steam locomotives or dark territories. I guess if you like modern UK style railroading, this is the simulation for you, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Anyone else noticed that this sub-forum is un-moderated?
    Maybe none of Nels' staff wants a bar of it!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I noticed there are close to 2900 users browsing right now, and besides the General subforum and the MSTS Route Design subforum with about 650 browsers each (why just those two?), I'll be darned if I can total up 2900 users with all the single and 2-digit user counts of all the rest.

I think they are fending off bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Anyone else noticed that this sub-forum is un-moderated?
    Maybe none of Nels' staff wants a bar of it!!
    There was a reproductive function sweary posted the other day (presumably by one of the fanbois) which I reported to the mods and it was removed fairly quickly.
    Vern.

I haven't posted here for a while, but let me see if I understand correctly.

No possibility of route building or session creation?
    Locked switches and no free roam?
    A limited number of tightly structured "by the book" sessions?
    No interactive AI?
    Signals controlled by trains rather than trains controlled by signals?

But -- absolutely gorgeous, stunning, ultra-smooth graphics?

By comparison I've just put this together for a session. Single track between yards. AI trains circulating in both directions at 10 minute intervals, with a random variation of plus or minus 2 minutes (which means the AI is, effectively, random). Chuck & Joe (you) have to work freight cars from one yard to the next, interacting with the AI trains (which makes it even more random). Trains respond correctly to the signal indications.

But -- graphics certainly inferior to TSW 2020.

A hard choice or an easy one?

Easy choice Phil, neither they are both a complete waste of time and money.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ......they are both a complete waste of time and money..
    Says he, at the moment.

Bt no doubt he'll change his mind next week when he re-installs something once again!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0