Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

Default LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...ucing-tsw-2020

They never change at DTG, do they?

One product still full of bugs and short of the promised features and here comes the next incarnation.

Mystery US West coast route is the only teaser, the rest is regurgitated old stuff, oh, a new 'Journeys' and scoring system for the kids.

About that US West coast route, would 3DTrains that have abandoned its MSTS and TS projects halfway have anything to do with this?
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

It looks like this is basically an upgrade system similar to when they changed Railworks each year. I note if you scroll down the page, you still have to buy the routes which come with the "new" package, if you don't own them. God knows (and who cares) what the US West Coast route is, would hazard a guess at Surfliner but could be just about anywhere from Bellingham down to San Diego.

And still no mention (I can see) of any editor suite, not even a means to mix and match rolling stock or create your own activities.
    Vern.

Oh wow how exciting, all my dreamiepoos have come true in one big cuddly bundle.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    About that US West coast route, would 3DTrains that have abandoned its MSTS and TS projects halfway have anything to do with this?
    Hmmm, what Marc Nelson's Tehachapi Pass, I wouldn't have thought so, Edwin? There were some American guys asking on the TSW forum for Superliners, or, Amtrak doubledeckers, as DTG have a licence for Amtrak content, so, it's possibly a West Coast route as they haven't done one of those yet, we'll have to wait until 15th August to find out. Cue the hype..........

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Keep calm and play TS2019 😊 and OpenRails !
    TSW going the same way as RW.
    Promised and then not fulfilled !! 😒

Being discussed on RWA, Marc Nelson going to ground may or may not be a red herring in this. However highly unlikely to be Tehachapi as going directly up against Run 8 if so, not to mention a major overhaul of the physics needed for any credibility. There's also the BNSF licensing issue to consider as unless they have overcome that, nothing with a whiff of BNSF can be sold outside the USA.

More likely (IMHO) to be Surfliner (or a part of), maybe LA Metrolink or the San Francisco local service down to San Jose.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ......would hazard a guess at Surfliner .......
    Maybe DTG have picked up the old Facing Point debacle. It would certainly be a marriage of two inept businesses.

And if all the other kiddie-stuff doesn't take the cake, then this one surely does:-
    "Change your scene: The main menu offers you the chance to take a look at the selected locomotive before heading out on the rails, and with Train Sim World 2020, you’ll be able to toggle between different dioramas to display them on."
    Last edited by seagoon; 07-16-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Being discussed on RWA, Marc Nelson going to ground may or may not be a red herring in this. However highly unlikely to be Tehachapi as going directly up against Run 8 if so, not to mention a major overhaul of the physics needed for any credibility. There's also the BNSF licensing issue to consider as unless they have overcome that, nothing with a whiff of BNSF can be sold outside the USA.

More likely (IMHO) to be Surfliner (or a part of), maybe LA Metrolink or the San Francisco local service down to San Jose.
    Yeah, even though Tehachapi Pass is owned by UP (formery SP), BNSF runs the majority of trains.

I don't know who did those routes for TS19, the usual Hertsbob or Bob Artim and crew, or perhaps Marc Nelson?

For a good route build you need track plans and topo maps, but i suppose nowadays DEM and Google Earth imagery will do.

I also think a passenger operation is most likely, it goes with DTG's previous releases and is somewhat easier to conceive and model. You need only one locomotive shape and one carbody shape, and modern stations are mostly lookalike shelters.

My guess is the new Siemens Charger locomotive for promotion.

It's only 4 weeks till release, and I am cured of buying any DTG product at first sight.
    Last edited by Edwin; 07-16-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Steam, TS2019 and TSW all deleted here around 8pm SW Wales time.

Who needs the stress, despair and anguish.

DTG i s**t em.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I guess you all missed the fact that PS and X Box figure highly in the promo video? The emphasis on Simulation might bring some interesting feedback from those of you who are going to buy it?

Bottom line is it's still a game in my book because Sims have made possible third party and freeware and without that this forum wouldn't be here to discuss this on?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK