Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

They are sticking to UE4.16 as confirmed by DTG Community Manager.
    I see a lot of request from people on their forum that will DTG consider upgrading the UE4 version to the latest one?

WRT the thought they're going to release a CalTrans route (San Francisco to San Jose), I find that suggestion astonishing. That run is almost perfectly flat passing thru 50 miles of identical suburban housing. It would be so B O R I N G you'd wish you were a passenger on the real train so you could do something more interesting, like read the want ads in the newspaper, or perhaps peruse the obituary column.

OTOH, based on what you guys always have to say about their products that might be exactly what is coming soon.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

That CalTrain route does indeed look boring in the YouTube cab ride videos.

Probably easy to create for DTG.

And the fanbois will gobble it without criticism, hoping for another passenger trainset in a separate DLC later.

Quote Originally Posted by muskokaandtahoe View Post
    WRT the thought they're going to release a CalTrans route (San Francisco to San Jose), I find that suggestion astonishing. That run is almost perfectly flat passing thru 50 miles of identical suburban housing. It would be so B O R I N G you'd wish you were a passenger on the real train so you could do something more interesting, like read the want ads in the newspaper, or perhaps peruse the obituary column.

OTOH, based on what you guys always have to say about their products that might be exactly what is coming soon.
    LMAO! The opposite of NIMBYism perhaps Dave? OLIMBY ...as in OH LOOK! It's my back yard. It has to be said that the vast majority of modern railways are BORING ....comparatively? Little variation in Traffic, Rolling Stock, Activity etc. ...and yet that's what a fair % of the Train Sim community crave, regardless of their preferred Sim. But then GOG's like me lose sight of the fact that they've never know anything more interesting? My nearest railway when I was a kid operated Electric, Steam and Diesel all along the same main line at the same time! I guess that may have been rare at best? ...but you can see why today's modern DMU's and EMU's seem dull by comparison. They're much nicer to ride in of course! ....just rather dull to watch.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

How right you are Geoff. Yet when MSTS (or even its predecessors came out) my ambition was to build routes which were off the beaten track or so obscure, no one had heard of them. Run with iconic motive power and rolling stock (like Sulzer Type 2's or Class 40's) which had a bit of character. Now to be fair to DTG they have taken a passing nod at that with TSW so far as the UK is concerned by releasing West Somerset Railway and subsequently Trans Pennine. The latter remains an enjoyable drive, albeit the same 40 miles gets repetitive, but the WSR is marred by the 25 MPH speed limit and the most boring Class 47 incarnation ever conceived (the DLC 33 is a little better).
    Vern.

I wonder what market research led DTG to do West Somerser Railway and the few extra locomotive DLC?

I would presume the modern, plastic but colorful railways of today which are actually visible every day would sell better?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I wonder what market research led DTG to do West Somerser Railway and the few extra locomotive DLC?

I would presume the modern, plastic but colorful railways of today which are actually visible every day would sell better?
    Edwin as somebody who has a C&O logo as their avtar I can only presume you're deliberately "flaming" the thread?

A cynic might suggest that a "preserved railway" like the line in question gives them the opportunity to appeal to as wide a rail fan base as possible whilst doing as little development work as possible (it's a very short line, although long for a preserved railway). It would seem that their greed fell flat though because instead of appealing to a wide audience ....it seems to have attracted widespread criticism?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

The SF to SJ route was already done some years back.....

Train Sim World 2020 will launch on August 15th, and we will have a Digital Deluxe Edition that includes our all-new USA route... Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose!

Source - https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/.../tsw-20-detail

Looking lifeless as usual.