Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: LOL, TSW 2019 isn't even fully developed and bug free, there comes TSW 2020

Recently had the update from TSW to TSW 2020 on the Xbox One X console.

Did a little poking around, graphics seem to have a minor update on the NEC line, maybe, I have to take a look at some previous recordings to see if it made a change. Doesn't seem that way, but I did notice the cabside numbers flicker, at least on the GP40-2. yay..

Running some UP trains on the new Caltrain route, maybe it's me, but that route seems so bright compared to the others. I get it's sunny California, but geeze.

Oh well.. time will tell. I slack off every so often and dabble a bit on this game, mainly because my laptop still is junk and I haven't bothered to set aside money for a new PC for ORTS relations, because lack of time anyways.
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

http://railworksamerica.com/forum/vi...21542&start=15

Unfortunately, always those who are eager and willing to stroke DTG's ego and diss those who have a more pragmatic viewpoint.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    http://railworksamerica.com/forum/vi...21542&start=15

Unfortunately, always those who are eager and willing to stroke DTG's ego and diss those who have a more pragmatic viewpoint.
    Liked your reply Vern ....although it's obvious from their comments that anything posted here is automatically disregarded. One point I do agree with is that attacking Matt P is pretty pointless? It's rather like attacking the check-in staff when your flight is cancelled. THEY didn't cancel it? WE've all worked in organisations where the management took a direction that many thought a bad choice? However much you disagree your protests get met with "if you don't like it leave". EVEN when the management do listen there'll be a meeting (heaven forbid even a committee ) who'll listen patiently to concerns ......and then at VERY best continue down the same path with the teeniest change of direction. The sad reality is that the sycophants and fanboys keep them in business? ...albeit with a blinkered short term vision. As long as they're chucked a few new toys every now and then.....
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Here's one of the best video's (IMHO) of some freight operations on the new Peninsula Corridor route. This guy has an eye for detail.
    There are many video's out there to give you an idea how this looks
    https://youtu.be/6rdfz5p7sy4
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Quote Originally Posted by dejoh View Post
    Here's one of the best video's (IMHO) of some freight operations on the new Peninsula Corridor route. This guy has an eye for detail......
    That is a video of train (and plane!) movements as seen from a spectator's viewpoint at various locations along the line.
    Less that 1% of the 12+ minutes is spent from the viewpoint of the engineer, i.e., in-cab.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    That is a video of train (and plane!) movements as seen from a spectator's viewpoint at various locations along the line.
    Less that 1% of the 12+ minutes is spent from the viewpoint of the engineer, i.e., in-cab.
    There's a gazillion of those out there with shots of the cab, if you take the time to look for them. This one highlights the details of the locomotive from a rail fan point of view.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

But it's rather pointless researching operations on the line if all you can do on the TSW route is play the half dozen or so scenarios provided by DTG over and over again.

When they stop churning out new routes and give us the ability to do something with those routes I might look at TSW again. The fans say this is coming and that is coming and to give them time but how many years do they need?

@Dejoh:

Thanks for the video.

It is a nice video. The creator tried to put some visual staging in it, with all those different viewpoints and perspectives, camera pan shots, etc.

Plus he tried to avoid as best as he could the feeling of dreary deadness and emptiness that still define TSW routes. He lingered a bit too long at grade crossings where the gates stayed down IMO, I waited for the gates to rise and the cars to start crossing but that is still not in the game apparently.

So all in all a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by dejoh View Post
    There's a gazillion of those out there with shots of the cab, if you take the time to look for them..... .
    There's the rub; I have so little interest in TSW after the debacle of its initial offering that I simply cannot be bothered looking for them.

My initial response to your post was made because you considered the video to be (in your opinion) "one of the best...of some freight operations."
    Several UP locos hauling a freight train hardly constitutes "operations"....in my opinion.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0