Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eds Trains SW1500 set question for OR

Default Eds Trains SW1500 set question for OR

Hello all!

I have a question I need assistance with Eds Trains SW1500 set, (purchased the CR/NS set) as I test ran it on MSTS and it works successfully on cabviews. I can see the front, sides (conductor and engineer) and the back views with correct buttons/keys. Now, when I am running Open Rails, I can only see the front, sides (conductor and engineer) and cannot see the back view. Tried to find which key, but none avail. Does anyone have the same issue? I have spoken to Eds Trains for assistance, and they have stated it wont see the back view on OR for "some reason" Reason i liked the back view, since you can switch industries with long hood forward.

ScreenShot52 (2).jpgScreenShot57 (3).jpg

Heres the pics that works on MSTS, but will not on OR.. Anyone can assist me please?

Thanks!
    Dave Edwards

Why is your horn floating in the air in photo 1? Errors in position?

That photo I had was from Eds Trains, so it was fixed later. The photos are not Open Rails, but only MSTS. I am still trying to find the culprit on Open Rails to find the correct key or function to view like the photos stated when running long hood short.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Why is your horn floating in the air in photo 1? Errors in position?
    Dave Edwards

No help from Ed's Trains on this?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

It might be helpful to post the .cvf file. As well as the .eng file.

If I am understanding this post correctly the problem is with the views in the cab?
    They are sold with only SD40Right and SD40Left views --- Engineers window and Conductor's Chair...no rear looking view exists.
    I have the set-- hadn't used it in a while...did a fresh install from the downloaded zip file and no rear views are contained in the CabView file.
    (I suppose they could have been added in and update that I missed?)

Did you fit it with a rear looking view and it works in MSTS but not OR?

...or Did I completely misread the problem?
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-17-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Gerry, you have PM..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    If I am understanding this post correctly the problem is with the views in the cab?
    They are sold with only SD40Right and SD40Left views --- Engineers window and Conductor's Chair...no rear looking view exists.
    I have the set-- hadn't used it in a while...did a fresh install from the downloaded zip file and no rear views are contained in the CabView file.
    (I suppose they could have been added in and update that I missed?)

Did you fit it with a rear looking view and it works in MSTS but not OR?

...or Did I completely misread the problem?
    Dave Edwards

Its all there, the problem is Open Rails in which the rearview buttons is located or which keys for it..

Quote Originally Posted by EldoradoRailroad View Post
    It might be helpful to post the .cvf file. As well as the .eng file.
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    No help from Ed's Trains on this?
    Re-read once more what I have stated....
    Dave Edwards

I'm confused. I've never seen a CVF file that had more than 3 primary cab views available, under the 1 key, by scrolling left or right with the arrows.

With old SLI, it was conductor forward, engineer forward and engineer side window.

With new Trainsimulations cabs, it is conductor forward, engineer forward and engineer rearward.

With Diesels West, it usually was conductor forward, engineer forward, and center front window forward.

I guess that is why people are requesting to see the CVF, to see if it's different.

Beyond the use of the 1 view, there is HOME for engineer forward head outside right window with 360 turn, and END for conductor rearward head outside left cab side window with 360 turn. There are no other buttons to add additional in-cab views.

If you have an end-cab switcher, I understand the value of the angles you show in your screens, but in most cases, you have to sacrifice one of your 3 previous viewpoints to make that happen.

How many cab views does it have in MSTS? What are the buttons you are using to access or scroll through them all?