Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SLI based boxcar repaint wheel error

Actually, there are twelve integers on each line. Most are single digits. On the two bogie lines, the tenth integer must be zero in order for the trucks to appear to be centered on the track. In your example, the tenth integer already is set to zero, and is thus already correct.

That one looks fixed already, Michelle. Did you happen to eyeball it before you uncompressed it? There was a patch long ago put out for the UP on Green River stuff so it may have been patched on your system. Some people may or may have not gotten the patch so always eyeball it beforehand.

Just to make sure that I have understood the instructions. (and for others who are attempting fix for the 1st time)
    Do the same for all other shape files regardless of type of freight or engine in the SLI sets and folders mentioned by geepsters post#8.
    Is this correct?
    I should add, that using Archibald, you should change the decimal number to 0, "0.0" is not accepted.

bandicam 2019-07-21 13-28-11-320.jpg

Using Archibald, is the Bogie tenth matrix decimal number always going to be "m41"?
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-21-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Not all of the cars. Just the select shapes that are known to have noticeable truck centering problems. Every shape will have a very small decimal variance. That's normal and just the nature of the modelling program used and where the modeller places the truck components. Sometimes, things just go bad during modifications and upgrades.

This particular shape has a problem introduced by one of the revisions it has undergone.

The truck center plate/center pin does not attach to the middle of the car frame running above it.

When you fix it, it centers properly. No sense in editing decimals for cars not acutely impaired like this one was. Heck, even the main car body can be off-center relative to the track.

Here's another oddity concerning the UP CA11 caboose. There are 3 copies released that I know of.

25800 with the SD45/Kaiser coal set
    25894 with the Fast 40 PFE Reefer train
    25814 with the Feather River pack

All 3 are different, having gone through various modifications

25800 has a taller, steeply pitched roof. Truck spacing is not too bad. Not being a UP caboose expert, it could be the 800 as a demonstrator of sorts could have a slightly different roof.
    25894 has a shorter roof, lesser pitch, has been re-trucked and the left truck seems to be placed closer to the left stepwell than the right side truck is to the right side stepwell. The V-shaped channeling for the sliding screens is off on this one.
    25814 is similar to the 25894, bad truck spacing but the V shaped channeling on the textures is fixed.

The 894 and 814 will need to be opened and the bogie position tinkered with. These are not going to be set to 0, but rather one bogie will have one decimal with a positive number and the other a negative number. They won't be exactly the same, decimal-wise, but the 25800, which needs no modification, will have decimals reasonably close(r) to each other with the exception of the positive and negative signs. The other 2 shapes which need mods to the position of one bogie will have a wider variance on the decimal values since the trucks are not set equally distant from the carbody center. What the values will ultimately be are strictly a trial and error thing. Set it to something, compress it, and see what it looks like. You could pick one bogie, use the same decimal value for the other, keeping one positive and other negative, and either the right truck will kick out to match the left or the left truck will tuck in to match the right.

I have so much SLI products Geepster I can't even keep track anymore. I just love SLI TS work I just wish they would make some classic Uboats and maybe a decicated 1970 B&O C&O WM Clinchfield SD40/SD45 set.