Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

Excellent Vern and lovely screenies

Is that a tunnel i see before me fair...............

I wilted under the pressure of those rigid chassis mods.

ETS2 back on, ProMods back on, truck mod in.

Have you got a load to pick up then buddy ?

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Nice screens Mike.

Unfortunately my trip down the gravel road turned into a one way journey. My truck just couldn't cope with the hills and I spent over an hour getting there, much of it doing 1 km/h or less on some of the hills. Don't know whether it's a physics or adhesion thing but certainly without a trailer the average truck should still be able to cope with a 1in 5 or 1 in 6 hill. the net result was that I'd used all my fuel covering the 100km or so to get there. Hitting F7 for an emergency refuel only put a small amount in my tank. The final straw was that I couldn't even get up the short tarmac stretch to attach the trailer so I ended up cancelling the mission and using F7 recovery to get back to Kirkenes. Total cost of trip £20,000 - total revenue £0!
    Vern.

Thanks Vern, thought i better have a drop of wet driving. As in the real world it has been pouring down here, for the last 12 hours.

Do you lock your diff climbing steep hills Vern ? Annoying buddy after all the effort to get there. If you were running tractor only, maybe you should have tried reversing up the steep part. Lower ratio and you might have been able to crawl up the incline.

After all that expense, i would have picked the truck up and carried it.

Much better fun than train games and more immersive.

Mike.

Tried diff lock but no difference. Maybe the Renault just isn't that powerful a truck. Will trade it for a Scania and try again, once I get to a level where I can get the heavy haul upgrades.
    Vern.

I got a lovely old Mercedes 1632 mod yesterday. Maybe try your hand at some modded trucks Vern.

Mike.

The Iveco in the post above is an absolute must-have. Extremely well-done.

The last time I ran the Mercedes mentioned, I had to make sure that "Advanced Coupling" was turned off, or it wouldn't hitch to trailers. (It's an old mod designed long before the trailer coupling was upgraded.) Maybe it's fixed in the latest update... I've downloaded it, but it's likely to be a while before I have the time to try it out again.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

I downloaded both Eric, but haven't purchased them from the mod dealer yet.

I have "press the T key" to couple\uncouple. But all the deliveries i have done, the trailer is always ready to go.

All created and shared for free as well buddy, not like the train games.

Mike.

Yes I think I need to break away from the vanilla trucks. Once I finish my current run, from Kirkenes back to Wick I will see if I can get something better. May have a look and see if there is anything with an AEC engine, just for the thrash factor! I'll hire another driver to take over the Junckner liveried Renault!!
    Vern.