Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

Just makes a nice change Vern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3p4niBtv48

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

In the end I bought myself this magnificent beast. Now working my way back to the north again from Spain. The Donald Tusk liveried Renault has now got another employed driver running it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Nice one Vern, what is it a Volvo *** ?

You been to Spain buddy, no snow down there.

I am in the middle of Manchester - Wick.

Decided for the sake of continuity. To always start the next delivery from the last destination. So Dublin - Liverpool, Liverpool - Manchester and Manchester - Wick.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

That's what I try to do even when I was taking the starter jobs. However when I traded up to the new truck, I somehow teleported from Wick to Barcelona!
    Vern.

That is all i am doing Vern, working for someone else. Even though i own the Iveco & Mercedes mods.

Supposed to be driving a truck buddy, not the starship Enterprise.

Mike.

Beautiful........................

Mike.

"You're going to need a bigger garage..."

On way back up to the north I was pleasantly surprised to find myself routed via Puttgarden/Rodby ferry crossing which is still depicted in the game as a road and train ferry. Brought back memories of travelling that way in 1982 on a continental box, on the DB day train from Hook of Holland to Copenhagen with the through coaches being shunted on the ferry, with everyone still on board! The crossing took about an hour and provided a pleasant break from the hard plastic seats wandering around the deck and having an expensive beer in the café!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

The Rødby - Puttgarden ferry still carries cars and trains today, although I think you have to get off the train while on the ferry.
    And the train isn't coaches anymore, but either a DB 605 diesel ICE or a double DSB IC3 "rubber nose".

That's interesting to know. Sure I read somewhere there are plans to put a bridge across the water, as they have done between Denmark and Sweden (well bridge and tunnels). That was only about a 25 minute crossing (Helsingor to Helsingborg) but you were still able to get off the train (much more comfortable NSB stock) for a quick leg stretch.
    Vern.

Been playing ATS all day. Still feel it is the better of the two games, well for me anyway.

Mike.