Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

Vern, I heartily recommend the LSPDFR (Los Santos PD First Response) mod if you want a change in GTA. You get to be the police, and deal with fairly realistic crimes and situations. I probably played it more than I did the 'vanilla' game. Just go out on patrol and wait for a call... shoplifters, stolen cars, speeders (you have an ANPR camera too). I have several videos of me flailing around trying to taze people and getting stabbed if you're curious.

I also got a few mods installed that allowed the LRTs to multi up, and likewise gave the freight trains multiple locos and much longer trains.

Never tried the bus mod for GTA5, though I had it in GTAIV and it worked... okay. It would sometimes bug out before the end of your route.

Idaho is coming for ATS on July 16!

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/ida...ouncement.html

YIPPEE , oops i mean jolly good show old chap.

Nice one Steve, thanks for the heads up.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

1.36 bus mod with passengers as cargo, works in open beta 1.38 on a vanilla map.

Bratislava - St Petersburg.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Vern, I heartily recommend the LSPDFR (Los Santos PD First Response) mod if you want a change in GTA. You get to be the police, and deal with fairly realistic crimes and situations. I probably played it more than I did the 'vanilla' game. Just go out on patrol and wait for a call... shoplifters, stolen cars, speeders (you have an ANPR camera too). I have several videos of me flailing around trying to taze people and getting stabbed if you're curious.
    Thanks for the info about this, have had a little go but got to learn how to use all the functions, looks good though.
    —————
    Jason

Glad you're enjoying, Jason. There are quite a few addons that are more or less essential:
    -ELS
    -Police Smart Radio
    -the various addtional callout mods by Albo1125 add a lot more variety to what you do, as well as their Arrest Manager
    -CheepCallouts adds more variety

If you want to go further, there's also RDE (Realism Dispatch Enhanced) that adds a ton of new stuff including more police vehicles. I also had a traffic density mod, and a train mod as described above.

Keep in mind, I haven't played for the best part of a year, so a lot of the above might be outdated. I am on RDE's Discord so I know that's still active, though.

Thanks for info, will look in to those addons.
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Thanks for info, will look in to those addons.
    I neglected to mention, a lot of things require the OpenIV mod manager. Absolutely take it up on its offer to create the separate "mod" folder, where it will store a second version of all the content files so the main game remains untouched, in case you screw something up or want to play Online.

I didn't know you could play as the cops. Sounds good if you get to smash people with your truncheon.

Oooooooooeer mrs.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I didn't know you could play as the cops. Sounds good if you get to smash people with your truncheon.

Oooooooooeer mrs.

Mike.
    This is me in action. Trying to play it 'straight' as a good cop using reasonable force is very hard, because it's still GTA at heart, which means things are a bit more extreme. In the very first call, the guy runs up and stabs me before I can do anything.

I could have sworn I'd made more videos (including as the sheriff out in the desert) but I can't find them anywhere!