Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

Ah. Tried keyboard, mouse and joystick. Couldn't get on with any of those so got a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. Whole new experience much more like the real deal. Using Auto gear shift though because far as I am aware, there is no proper truck gearshifter on the market.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Just waiting for SCS to sort out the engine sound - on ETS2, ATS is okay.
    The F-Mod system is the same on both, but in both cases adjustments have to be made to the sound sliders, and then fiddle with the bass/treble on your sound system to get it where you like things.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I cannot afford steering wheel and peddles buddy. Plus TrackIR is more a priority for me if i can save up enough.

As i can use it with IL-2 Great Battles, as well.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Today I read on Steam that you can change what day of the year it is (by default it's June 21) if you want to have shorter days and longer nights:

You can play with the "1" setting in env_data.sii and tweak to your liking....
    Code:
    SiiNunit
    {
    env_profile : env.data {

lamps_on_elevation: 2.0

day_in_year: 172 //summer solstice
    summer_time: 1 //summer time +1h

}
    }
    Haven't tried this. What I have tried is slowly the overall game speed down, as I found that it seems to run a little too fast, like an early motion picture shot in 16 frames per second:

Enable the developer console and enter it with the '~' key. Then type the following command:

warp <speed>

Speed is the simulation speed of the game (0.9 = 90% of standard speed)
    I tend to use warp 0.8 as it feels much more realistic to me in terms of the sense of weight and momentum.

Instructions on enabling the dev console are here.

There's also a very dedicated modder who is changing the above date setting for you, by manually editing the file and re-uploading it every week so you don't have to: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1247532088

Also, a good explanation from a developer as to why the game engine used for ETS2 and ATS precludes them from letting the clock run in real-time: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...0416482612590/

Good post thanks buddy.

I got my Volvo F88 back today, after not being useable in 1.38. Someone kindly posted a fix for the truck.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

That bed picture makes me think of My Summer Car's "Gifu" truck (actually a Sisu M-162) which has a similar sleeping space, though in-game it's usually piled with beer cases and sausages, sliding around as you bounce along the dirt roads.

Hahahahahaha, good imagination buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

This is the Gifu parked up outside the player's house.

The lift axle works and should be used as needed as it affects the handling with a load. The vacuum system and dump valve work too (one of the ways you make money in-game is pumping people's septic tanks and taking it to the treatment plant) and the increasing load affects the handling. All the lights and switches on the dashboard work and can be manipulated, including the hand throttle which needs to be used to power the pump when it's running. You can turn on the beacons and rear work lights if needed. You have high and low gear ranges, air pressure, and a gear shift that vibrates when the engine is running. Only thing you can't do is tilt the cab forward to get at the engine.

You need to sleep, and can do so in the bed, which also doubles as a cargo shelf for your essentials (case of beer, sausages, monkey bike)

What game is that buddy ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd