Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

You are probably right Mike but I just find the European scenery utterly compelling. Pictures are from the road up to Honningsvag in the very far north of Norway. Definitely not one to use cruise control on and in places reminded me of the last few miles of the Kyle line. Amazed how the ProMods achieved the results given they couldn't exactly use DEM data with the 19:1 compression of the distances. TBH I would have enjoyed this road at 1:1. mabe I should turn it into a train sim route...!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Don't listen to me Vern. Tomorrow i could find something brilliant in ETS2, tomorrow. Then it will be the greatest thing since Wonderloaf (before your time).
    Amazing screenies Vern and the scenery is brilliant in both games. But there is more variety in ETS2 and obviously ETS2 has the greater amount of mods and enhancements, of the two games.

I was driving in the rain yesterday to Plymouth and the road actually looked wet. Why the heck couldn't DTG get that effect on the station platforms in TS2019. Shame about the compression, i think 19:1 is a bit extreme. I wouldn't mind having a go at the ETS2 map editor, just to see how hard\easy it is to work with.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Like the Welsh flag, Mike!
    Vern.

Thank you Vern, you are an honorary member of course.

Flags DLC buddy. I am having a problem with the rigid chassis mod.

Every time i try to add a rigid chassis, to the above truck.

The game crashes out. Tried it with other manufacturers vehicles as well, but same result.

Mike.

As an aside did you see someone has released the Cambrian route for TS2019, on uktwaddlesim Vern ?

No-one can download it though.
    Not quite on topic but I see a huge bunfight just broken out at UKTS with someone claiming this has taken his previous route and built on top of it.

In the meantime, back in ETS2 I may have stretched myself a bit financially. Decided to buy another garage in St Petersburg, but then I had to max my loan to avoid going bankrupt and can't afford a truck to start up an AI driver from the new location. Looks like I need to get driving!
    Vern.

Yes i read that last night Vern. Both routes are freeware so i do not see the problem.
    If i had a route on ukts and someone used it as part of theirs. I wouldn't have a fit over it, i would say good luck to you.
    And thanks for thinking my route was good enough to be expanded on. People get so prescious over things that don't really matter, these days. Be different if the bloke had stolen the cure for a terrible disease.

Or Vern, you need the money and xp mod.

Mike.

This little Mack is a beauty. Good fun as in it's stock state, it is so underpowered.

I was down to 21mph on a freeway gradient, between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

Mike.

Some of the default trucks definitely need a physics tweak. But it's an impressive looking piece of kit!
    Vern.

I have that Mack and I love it. I run one set up with the Detroit Diesel engine. Lots of fun to drive, if you don't mind taking your time getting anywhere. That mod is actually really good at replicating the old Mack, with its lower horsepower. Everything depended on the gearing. And modern loads are often a lot heavier than what the old trucks typically hauled. Choose your load carefully, and take your time. The old ones had to wind their way up hills in lower gears in real life, too.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info