Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

So far so good in Idaho, drove SLC to Boise, then to Ontario, OR (which was a mistake, as the Idaho community event only counts trips of longer than 100 miles) and then up to Coeur d'Alene, which is a pretty twisty drive. There's a nice section about halfway where you go across a high bridge, and can see a town nestling in the forest below. SCS is really capturing the feeling of the wide open spaces of North America, which was not really present in the very claustrophobic renditions of cities in the states we got upon release.

Bought and installed but truck relocated to Los Angeles so a long old haul to get across to the new area (working on it)!.

Actually quite spoiled for games at the moment - the two truck sims, Derail Valley, FSX now I got it working reasonably, GTA V and I even put X-Plane 11 back on to give it another chance.

The loser in this is actually DTG (and OR to some extent). Other than DV I haven't driven a train sim in weeks (don't really count my daytime Trainz route building on the laptop). With FS2020 now just over a month away, DTG's TSW2 is being triaged off to cover getting the new flight sim, particularly as I would probably drive the Bakerloo Line a couple of times in each direction then get bored. A 16 mile route vs. the whole world - no contest!
    Vern.

Use the teleport to "Place name" command in the console, Vern.

Idaho or bust.......................

Not interested in TSW2 Vern. It will only be a deadend and go the same way as TSW. Probably being superceded by TSW3 in a couple of years. I cannot see any future in train games, with DTG or N3V. Neither have added anything to their releases to make them be regarded as true simulators, in my humble opinion.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I got up there okay Mike, then took a job in Salmon across to Sandpoint though the way they have set out the roads you have to come quite far south then turn back north again. Nicely done by SCS though and didn't cost an arm and a leg like the train game DLC (I also add 3DTS to your dishonourable mention list, at least for pricing), would. They also seem to have sorted out the sound, I'm still driving the Mack around and it is quite enjoyable.
    Vern.

Proper job Vern, you are not a cheater like yours truly

Agree on the price, very fair indeed. 3DTS is that Run8 buddy ?

Definite fine tuning of the new sound system introduced in 1.37. My K-100E sounds great, Vern.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Good news if you fancy getting the new cab items as part of the Idaho event: SCS are extending the deadline to deliver to or from all 11 cities until August 16:

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/the...singidaho.html

I did four deliveries in the first two days, then I went on to continue on Saturday and the goal was already at 28,760,000 out of 30,000,000! I just about gave up at that point until they announced this.

Idaho is beautifully done, too. I did a long run from the Port of Seattle all the way to Sandpoint and it was a wonderful, scenic drive.

I never take part in stuff like that Steve, WOT etc or promotions.

Idaho is extremely lovely, indeed buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Most of my driving so far seems to have been in the dark...

Only thing I have found with Idaho, is it does seem to hit performance a bit. Up to now I've been getting silky smooth performance from ATS, but now encountering a bit of judder when driving and yesterday evening took quite some time for the game to load to a point where I could start the truck and drive off.
    Vern.

Full ETS2 1.38 released.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/eur...8-release.html

You need to get out more in the daytime Vern.

No performance problems here with Idaho. But in the world map, i noticed i have quite a few broken roads inside Idaho.

Tried doing a game file verification in Steam, but problem is still there.

Starting in Idaho Falls, no deliveries available outside the state.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Most of my driving so far seems to have been in the dark...

Only thing I have found with Idaho, is it does seem to hit performance a bit. Up to now I've been getting silky smooth performance from ATS, but now encountering a bit of judder when driving and yesterday evening took quite some time for the game to load to a point where I could start the truck and drive off.
    I tend to drive at night, too, since that's what it is outside IRL when I am able to sit and play!

Vern, check out this guide, it helped with my weird micro-stutters:

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1000

They absolutely ruined Forza Horizon 3 for me! The game would rubberband so much that it was almost impossible to drive with any precision. I ended up getting a refund.