Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

I decided against rolling back in the end, as you say Mike at best a temporary solution. Just play ATS, GTAV, Derail Valley and the flight sims until SCS get it sorted.

There are numerous posts on their forum regarding the FMOD sound update and its shortcomings so hopefully they will fix it at some point.
    Vern.

I am unable to find fault with the new F-Mod sound system. It is far better than what went before it. Just driven from Romania to Luxembourg and have accepted a load from Luxembourg to Russia. I am driving a mod truck, the Daf 421. I have driven several of the default trucks and all sound fine to me, each with its own unique sounds. MY favourite is the straight piped Scania V8.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I am the same, i like the new sound system. I also drive the DAF F241, for 90% of the time.

I don't like the default trucks, so the other 10% is usually spent in a Kamaz.

ATS has the FMOD sound as well, even nicer with the window open when passing AI trucks to hear the prime mover growling away.

Have you checked your steering options in ETS2 Vern to rectify the problems you were having. I use the mouse and the steering feel is the same as ATS. I will connect my new joystick tomorrow and see if it is affected in the same way.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, I like the new FMOD sounds, and I've just obtained the Idaho DLC map for £7.49, got it cheaper by buying the bundle for the Pacific NorthWest, which includes some truck skins, so, saved myself £1.50, another happy camper, off now to discover Boise and Ketchup, sorry, Ketchum......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Enjoy Steve, Idaho is lovely. Colorado next.....................

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/07/the...2UtFRNNuiOIWPM

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Connected the new Thrustmaster (what a great name) to the pc, Vern.

Tried it with ETS2 and the steering seemed fine for me. It is reported as having a very strong spring on the steering (twist axis).

But i still found it easy enough to use. I must be honest though and say i think i prefer mouse steering.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Once you get used to using the wheel, you will never want to go back to the mouse. I have mine set up so that there is no resistance in steering, feels like power steering in RL.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Connected the new Thrustmaster (what a great name) to the pc, Vern.

Tried it with ETS2 and the steering seemed fine for me. It is reported as having a very strong spring on the steering (twist axis).

But i still found it easy enough to use. I must be honest though and say i think i prefer mouse steering.

Mike.
    My joypad seems to work okay now Mike. Just waiting for SCS to sort out the engine sound - on ETS2, ATS is okay.
    Vern.

Mervyn, not a wheel buddy it is a joystick.

Nice one Vern, good that is sorted. What don't you like about ETS2 sound compared to ATS, buddy ?

Have you adjusted all the extra sound effects sliders ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd