Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

Once Wyoming and Texas get added it will be nudging ever closer to the East Coast. I suspect the plan might be to reach there via Georgia and on into Florida which will give us an official coast to coast of 3000 miles (150 scaled).
    Vern.

Makes sense Vern, easier than reaching the east coast further north.

With the big cities and conurbations and the work involved in recreating them.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

metalangel Guest

Every day there's a Steam forum thread either whining about how long it's taking, or doing a very simple equation to complain that the game will cost $500 if they charge the same price for each of the lower 48. Every time, it has to be explained that the northeast will almost certainly have multiple states per DLC (a "New England" one, etc)

Every other day, there's a thread asking about or demanding Hawaii and ferries to Hawaii, which is not a real thing.

On the opposite day, someone (usually a Brit) sneers that "America is not just the USA" and that they want the Pan American Highway so they can drive all the way down to Argentina, which is again, physically impossible IRL.

Personally, I'm happy the game is a runaway success and has expanded more than I think anyone, even SCS themselves, thought it would. They're adding and upgrading so much, too.

On top of that, the multiplayer mode, "Convoy", is coming sooner than expected:

https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/05/hum...19-bundle.html

This is the perfect moment to grab an extra key of ETS2 for your friends as we're getting to the finish line for the open beta of Convoy multiplayer for ETS2 and ATS

I believe there are still no roads through the Darien Gap I think it's called, in Central America, so that any road vehicles either need to be airlifted or put on a ship to get around it. It would be nice though to get down into Mexico or maybe up into Canada without using mods, though I expect that will come in time. As with ETS2, ATS is now so big I find it's easier just to stick with the default and official DLC map(s).

I don't tend to look at the Steam board for this game, just our little discussion here and the SCS one which seems to be fairly sensible. Compared to what DTG are charging for their 40 mile (if you're lucky) routes with 2 (again if you're lucky) train types in TSW complete with lackadaisical QA any of the SCS add ons are top quality bargains. (Just look at the riot on the DTG forum that's broken out over the dire state Hamburg to Lubeck has been released in).
    Vern.

metalangel Guest

Yes, the Darien Gap is the impassable part. Political and ecological concerns have pretty much stopped all plans for building a road through since the 1970s. Adventurous people have managed to get through with vehicles, such as this famous expedition:

http://thecitypaperbogota.com/travel...e-lost-corvair

I may just have to go check out that riot on the DTG forum, they just don't seem to be learning their lessons and it's only their marketing that I think keeps them afloat by convincing the mainstream that theirs is the only game in town if you want trains. SCS, by contrast, are doing a stellar job, in spite of having their fair share of grasping/entitled children shrieking away in their fanbase. They've earned their success.

metalangel Guest

Open beta of official multiplayer - “Convoy” is now live!

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=300266

DO NOT use your main game profile if you wish to partake, start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Open beta of official multiplayer - “Convoy” is now live!

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=300266

DO NOT use your main game profile if you wish to partake, start a new one.
    Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a Convoy!
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Not ATS or ETS2 but rather than start a separate thread, check out Snowrunner (on Steam) for a different type of trucking experience. If I tell you it’s the sequel to Spintires and Mudrunner, you will get the drift. Really addictive even though so far I’ve only completed the opening stages of the game with the pick up truck and the small lorry you find. I’m currently in the garage looking at all the meaty trucks you can buy once there’s enough cash to do so.
    Vern.

A different type of trucking experience...
    Image 1 - Finally out of the mud.
    Image 2 - I don't think this shortcut is going to end well...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Oooooh, I could just do with a bit of snow, it's well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in my lounge today in the direct sunshine, I could do with something nice and cool to play with......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060 ti 8GB, WIN 10 PRO 64-bit. 10 TB HDDs total.