Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: ETS2 Drivable Buses

I never get any problems with Sharemods downloads Vern.

Do you use Firefox 64x which is what i use.

Steam workshop were supposed to have introduced map mods, a few years back and said at the time.

Their aim was to add them but there were technical reasons at the time, for their non appearance.

As far as i know SCS have absolutely no problems with any freeware mods.

Payware addons are not allowed by them at all though.

Shame DTG & N3V didn't take that stance.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

@Vern PM buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thanks Mike!
    Vern.

Very welcome Vern.

Mike.

The malware problem is coming from sharemods and modsbase - the places that a lot of modders use for hosting their downloads. They get a little bit of coin for each download from ad revenue sharing. The problem is that those download hosters will accespt ads from outfits that some of the even seedier sites on the internet refuse to deal with, so malware and offensive pop-ups are the lion's share of what gets served up. It's really unfortunate, because the trucksim modding community deserves better than that.

What works for me (at least using Firefox) is to have both uBlock Origin and Disconnect (ad-blocker and tracker-blocker add-ons) both running. What one doesn't catch, the other generally will. Running one or the other by itself usually isn't enough, because each one looks for slightly different bad behaviors. With both it's pretty rare that anything obnoxious gets through. What's happening is that every time you click to download a mod, a redirect tries to open a new tab or a pop-up.

Some of the better modders host their stuff on Google Drive and keep their links posted in the SCS forums. Not always as easy to search as the major mod sites, but at least you can avoid some of the shady re-uploads and nasty ad behavior that way.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Thanks for that Eric.
    Vern.

That is why i don't see it then Vern, as i use adblocker extreme and popup blocker strict.

Plus a few other "keep your nose out of my business" addons for Firefox.

Must admit I'm finding C2C a little bland, compared to the Mexico map or ProMods for Europe. Figure it is still a work in progress and will look great once finished. But parts (like Colorado) remind me of one of those MSTS routes which proclaim how big they are and when you drive it, just track on textured terrain. Not taken a look at Canada yet, though trying to head in that direction.
    Vern.

Yes it is Vern, the geezer that created it. Just wanted to see if he could actually get from one coast to the other.

Basically just the roads and not much else. Since then other modders have taken it on.

To update and expand it, which is obviously a slow ongoing process.

CanaDream is much the same buddy. Fair play to SCS the plan is to complete the whole USA.

But i will more than likely be dead before it comes to fruition.

What was that Vern, thank goodness for that ?

Mike.

Well they are still good additions to the mileage and as I seem to be doing most of my driving in the dark you can suspend the disbelief a bit!
    Vern.