Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old CGW route?

Hey Mike! Check the photo's forum. Berg and I were slumming in Lombard.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Very gracious of you, Mike.

Because of the ScaleRail component and its various versions, that sometimes cause confusion, the simplest solution for anyone wanting to run the route today would be to set it up as a mini-route with the necessary XTracks and ScaleRail. Run it from Open Rails -- just point OR to the installation, and off you go...

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

I would be happy to upload the 2007 scalerail version of the route. It has all the documentation and install instructions...runs without issue on both my computers.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Go for it Frank! I would like to see that myself, dont have a machine that will run it tho.

I've had this route loaded for years in MSTS running under Windows XP. Had some problems with CTD running in full screen, but runs okay in windowed mode. The CTD was likely the consequence of my somewhat antiquated Dell 510 system.

It runs just fine in Open Rails on my HP Pavilion E8600 Win7 system, and is a really nice Midwest route. I have it in a Midwest Miniroute which it shares with over a dozen other routes with no problems noted.

Looking forward to seeing the Clarion District uploaded.

Upload It! Would download and use it to run trains on!

I uploaded the route and revised documentation tonight. Hopefully it will be posted in the next couple of days.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    I uploaded the route and revised documentation tonight. Hopefully it will be posted in the next couple of days.
    Thank you immensely for uploading this!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjedi1 View Post
    Thank you immensely for uploading this!
    Ditto from me. The version I had was from 2002.

A very heartfelt thank you Frank to get permission to re-release this gem of a route. I had the original stored on CD but I learned never let your wife clean your home office when you are away for the weekend. She misplaced the disc and like the Bermuda Traiangle my office is, it never resurfaced. The route was pulled by then.

And it looks even better in Scalerails too. Now I have a reason to run Paul Fowler's beautiful CGW F3's from mstsgmo again. They been idle since the route disc was misplaced.

Thanks again, Frank.

BTW, I did catch Mike's bit of sarcastic humor on the one building's name in the route. An "Easter Egg" of sort I take it as.
    - Mark -