Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old CGW route?

There are quite a few names like that as I enjoy a good pun. Its been 10 years or more since I worked on it so I do not ha clue what they are. Not sure what version but on the Dekalb branch on one I buried a worker up to his head in the middle of the tracks, verry hard to find. I tried to have a worker on a bridge who would jump who would jump when the train approached, but it kept crashing so I got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    A very heartfelt thank you Frank to get permission to re-release this gem of a route.
    Yes, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Now I have a reason to run Paul Fowler's beautiful CGW F3's from [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]mstsgmo again. They been idle since the route disc was misplaced.

Thanks for the reminder, I had purchased those but never bothered to download the route. In the years since Paul passed, I have come to regard his work as among the best, if not the best -- at the very least the top three modelers whose work is excellent...everything about his approach to craft was top of class.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I am really enjoying running this route so far! It is old, the buildings are basic but the track-work looks great in SR!
    One thing I would ask for is a listing of Consists for the Activities that were included. I realize that, as stated in the Read-Me, that there is no support, but I am not adept at creating suitable consists for a given route that I am not familiar with. Even though I do change consists in the routes I have, I like to have a good idea of what the Route/Activity Writer had in mind.
    Again a great route and Thank You for releasing this!

Hi Don,
    There's a file in the library called consists.zip which contains some (but not all, by any means!) of the consists specified in the non-default stuff services folder. There are also 4 freight activities for CGW in the library,

Cheers,
    Ged

Please be reminded that only activities in the library with the release date of 2007 or later will work with this route. I also have a set of CGW GP30's I did on Paul Fowler's freeware CP model..I'll look through my file stash and see if I can locate them. I did a lot of Cgw rolling stock back during the "Mophouse Days". Some of it I never released. I may just bundle it all up and release it as an equipment pack.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Hey, thank you for that. It will give me an idea of to put into the trains. Yes I saw the Activities in the F/L.

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    Please be reminded that only activities in the library with the release date of 2007 or later will work with this route. I also have a set of CGW GP30's I did on Paul Fowler's freeware CP model..I'll look through my file stash and see if I can locate them. I did a lot of Cgw rolling stock back during the "Mophouse Days". Some of it I never released. I may just bundle it all up and release it as an equipment pack.
    Yea, there's only 1 freight activity that I saw that would work.

The equipment pack would be appreciated Frank.

As to the acts included. I did NOT upload an equiptment pack cause I am too fricking lazy and to reskin and upload something is a huge hassle. So the route in sorta set in the late 50s early 60s. Lots of 40ft box cars and stuff like that. as to thru freights nothing is lenght critical so is frieght 143 calls for 130 cars slap 130 40ft boxes behind it and it will work.

Mike

Hi Mike. Would you have any idea as to where I could find PFE_Reef23w.wag. Looked in the f/l and Elvas Tower and came up 0. Thanks for any help.Greg

Replace it with any other thats in the F/L..... Remember, this route is over 10 years old... most of the files are gone and vanished.. Save yourself time by replacing them...Not worth the hassle to keep searching for that "specific" file...

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Hi Mike. Would you have any idea as to where I could find PFE_Reef23w.wag. Looked in the f/l and Elvas Tower and came up 0. Thanks for any help.Greg
    Dave Edwards