Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic route devblog

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    And perhaps we can remove that highway viaduct even ;-)
    Only if it's selectable in the editor...
    Vern.

Just ran the route through RW Tools for any missing assets, etc, the bridge pathing is incorrect, but, easily amendable by the end-user, however, I have absolutely no BallastPlanes whatsoever anywhere as scenery items within the .ap file, there are some ballast lofts in the procedural folder, but, I guess they aren't the same thing, and the development tools I've just ignored anyway.

I was slightly disappointed in the Manual map as it would have been nice to see where the Italian border starts from and which Station to utilise if one wanted to run our TrenItalia stock we've collected for several years from the Italian Railsimmers freely, down to Bellinzona for a new scenario, or, two.

I haven't had a complete run on the route just yet, but, it looks good so far.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 08-01-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Seems to be getting fairly positive reviews elsewhere, however as always I will probably wait until it gets a bit of discount in the next sale (either Thanksgiving or Christmas).
    Vern.

Have you extracted the .ap file Steve.

Probably delete the bridge in RW Tools and then replace it in the editor.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I looked inside the .ap file in 7zip, Mike, you can view everything that is inside it without opening it at all. The bridge is there, along with several other bridges as scenery items, but, the pathing needs changing to read the bin file inside a meshes folder, which all the bridges have, so, not too difficult to amend manually.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Yup i realise that Steve. Thought you wanted to replace the bridge sorry buddy.

Got my wires crossed as usual. I'll get my coat..................

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

We all get our wires crossed now and again, Mike, no need for the coat........

Cheerz. Steve.

My wires are always crossed Steve

Oh i never leave without my coat buddy LOL

Mike.

9. Default

We've been delighted with the success of the launch of the Gotthardbahn route, and overwhelmed with so many positive comments about it. As is always the case with software though, there were some issues so the team have been working hard to fix as many as possible in an update for the route that we hope to make available soon.

We'd like to thank everyone that's taken the time to get in contact - we've collated everything we've seen across forums, emails, social media, and from those of you we've spoken to in person. It's not possible to fix everything that everyone would like us to, but we think we can fix a great deal of them - here's a list:

- Updated audio horn

- Updated audio on wheels when cornering

- Fix for the rear axles on the wagon pivot points

- Track type updated to show tunnel start/end points on the HUD

- Darkening wheel rim surfaces on loco and coaches

- Darkening wheel axles on loco and coaches

- EWIV Bt door opening corrected

- Re460 PMS brakes amended to be in default raised position

- Adjusted ground reflection of red lights

- Added various additional assets along the route.

- Lavargo Motorway asset updated to turn off Clipping volume in-game.

- Updates to Faido Station model

- Updates to Bellinzona Station model

- Updates to Bodio Station area

- Updates to SBB Coach model

- Fixed various floating trees and truck issues

- Various localisation corrections across all languages

- Updates to both in-game text and to documentation

Please note that these updates are now in the process of being tested and in case of problems might not all be implemented in an update which we hope will be available before too long.

We would like to thank you for all your feedback and while we cannot guarantee that all your wishes are granted, the team is working hard to address as many issues as they can. And whilst there's always a limit to how much can be done, if you feel they're doing a good job they would really appreciate reviews being left on Steam.

C

This update today has sorted out the RWTools pathing errors and Ballast Planes that were missing, so, thank you Rivet Games for doing that fairly promptly.

Cheerz. Steve.