Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic route devblog

1. Default Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic route devblog

Hi,

We recently announced that we're about to launch the Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic Route for Train Simulator.

And wanted to flag up a devblog video of Technical Director Alan Thomson talks through track laying, signalling, and other technical considerations that go into the creation of the route: https://youtu.be/Vn4cl5wI9BU

This is the first in a series of 7 devblogs about the creation of the Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic Route for Train Simulator, more devblogs will be released every Tuesday and Friday, subscribe to the Rivet Games YouTube channel to be notified

If this is to the standard of previous Thomson releases for the RhB then it may be worth a look.

Is it set in modern era or more classic period with RE 4/4 - 2 or the mighty RE 6/6?

Or the ultimate - the mighty Krokodil!

Not saying it is an issue but many of those likely to buy the route were probably "bashing" Switzerland in the 80's and early 90's when this traction was still king, along with all the rather uncomfortable plastic seated stock.

Also on a related topic - how locked down are the assets in this route likely to be if other users wish to place (reference) them in third party freeware routes? Other Thomson routes have "locked out" some of the assets by changing references in the bin file so, if placed, they cannot be rotated or moved in the editor.
    Vern.

3. Default

Hi,

It's set in (relatively) modern day; in the time when the Base Tunnel was still being constructed but not yet finished.

So it'll feature SBB's Re460 which was/is common on the route. Although the Krokodil is quite something, but perhaps not so common these days....

I'll need to ask about the asset question though, I'm not sure.

C.

Thanks Colin. Bit of a shame about the era - perhaps there is scope for an add on pack in the same way as you released the older locos and 5x railcars for the excellent RhB routes.
    Vern.

5. Default

Will definitely make the suggestion for it thanks.

Meantime, I should mention that we've put another devblog video up today; building the Re460 locomotive

Quote Originally Posted by ColinM_Rivet View Post
    So it'll feature SBB's Re460 which was/is common on the route. Although the Krokodil is quite something, but perhaps not so common these days....
    C.
    Hello Colin, there are a lot of veteran trainsimmers in this game, and we all have vivid imaginations and can regress routes back to the days we remember personally. I was fortunate enough whilst working on BR to have travelled over lots of Swiss trackage, did the Glacier Express in Summer and Winter, so, this DLC offering really peaks our interest, and with the added bonus of many of us already having had purchased Paul Mersel's wonderful Swiss locomotives from his website, we will have quite a lot of authentic rolling stock to add to whatever you give us to start playing on this layout straight away, I'm sure these devblogs will be of interest to many end-users, we like to watch you experts at work......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I'm sure these devblogs will be of interest to many end-users, we like to watch you experts at work......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Great to hear, many thanks Steve. We've planned seven in total to show what's gone into creating this route, so plenty more to come

8. Default

And am pleased to be able to share not just a trailer for our Gotthardbahn route, but also that the release date is next week; 1st August

Thanks for the update Colin. Just blown my "gaming" budget on DLC for ETS2 but I will be looking to get this in the near future.
    Vern.

Looks like a well made route.
    I have most of the Re locomotives from Mersel, and have read on the German board these will be updated to make them compatible, correct?

That scene at the three tier stacked loops, only possible in a train sim game these days.

And perhaps we can remove that highway viaduct even ;-)