Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geez. I made this in 2004 and never shared it.

Default Geez. I made this in 2004 and never shared it.

Not really worth it now... It's built to 2004 MSTS standards for low end machines

Cleaning up stuff from storage. Found this on a HDD I thought was dead. It wasn't. So here it is. (mainly for grins)

Last edited by pwillard; 07-25-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

how about working it up to a 1970 style tank car since I don't think we really have any.

Looks good.... Just upgrade the couplers and Bondo it to make it smoother...lol
    Dave Edwards

me likey!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Michelle,

Are you talking about things like the GATX 16,000 gallon funnel flow tank but with a full underframe versus using the tank body for support?
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Michelle,

Are you talking about things like the GATX 16,000 gallon funnel flow tank but with a full underframe versus using the tank body for support?

i thought funnel flow was something new...... and yes with the full ridged frame and walkway that went around the car with the wide dome assembly at the top.

Who cares when you made them, I say upload them! Even if some won't like them running in their train - because they spend a great deal of time eye-balling details, they may look good on AI trains, or tucked away in industry sidings, yard tracks, etc.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I'll second Neil's suggestion.

Robert

In this day and age of so many Win 10 machines, I think we probably ought to be done with the low poly and dummy car strings experiment, shouldn't we?

No offense, but I don't understand why people would still desire it. Why have a 16-sided tank car on a spur or yard track rather than a true round one? Rationale needs to be more than "my download finger on my mouse is on autopilot"

I agree with Neil

........and also geepster's second point gets my vote too.

Has anyone actually TESTED the difference in performance between adding low poly "scenery stock" as opposed to actual wagons? ...or is this a myth from the history of MSTS that's never been updated since bin and the 19 years of hardware development. There's little doubt this WAS an issue but has anyone tested it since?

Don't theorise about the latter. Test it! If you can prove the difference on various spec machines/OS's and in MSTS and OR then we have some basis of fact as opposed to historic reportage?

Frankly given a choice of yards with fewer REAL wagons as opposed to stuffed full of low poly "scenery stock" I think I've made my preference clear.

I do have some knowledge of this from some development if a UK route but that was years ago now. It was decided to ditch the low poly stuff for actual wagons because there was little or no difference. IT MUST BE POINTED OUT THOUGH .......the UK never had the vast yards that some of the available US routes have attempted to model.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK