Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chugging MLW stepping aside for fast freight

Default Chugging MLW stepping aside for fast freight

Ten minute 1080p HD video demonstrating more Open Rails AI features on Trainsimulations' Ruel Sub route.

CN 418 with an M420W leader chugs into the hole, stepping aside just in time to avoid delaying the following intermodal. Love that Alco chug and the smoking turbo lag! At roughly the 5:45 mark, you start hearing some sweet increasing doppler effect AI horn action as the AI blows for the road crossing and station platforms behind the player train. So crank up the sound.

On another test run, the player was too slow to enter the siding which resulted in the AI catching a bad signal and getting restricted to 30 mph by a hard yellow approach. Power went past the camera at 30, and about 5 carlengths later, wound up again to run 8 and the train took off, I presume after the rear end cleared the west interlocking switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJPWdfKm7M

Great video - really enjoyed it!

Hi geepster,
    Thanks for the video, but why, on the CN box cars, is the full name shown as 'Canadien National'? Is it for copyright reasons? Images of real box cars show it spelt as 'Canadian'. Just wondering ....

Cheers,
    Ged

Great video Geepster! I'm really liking this route and stock package.

Ged, the prototypes have the French ( 'en' ) spelling on one side, and the English ( 'an' ) on the other. Not sure if they still do that or not. I'm sure it had mostly to do with CN being government owned/operated at the time.
    -Mike

Thanks, Mike

You live and learn something different every day!!

Cheers.
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Ten minute 1080p HD video demonstrating more Open Rails AI features on Trainsimulations' Ruel Sub route.

CN 418 with an M420W leader chugs into the hole, stepping aside just in time to avoid delaying the following intermodal. Love that Alco chug and the smoking turbo lag! At roughly the 5:45 mark, you start hearing some sweet increasing doppler effect AI horn action as the AI blows for the road crossing and station platforms behind the player train. So crank up the sound.

On another test run, the player was too slow to enter the siding which resulted in the AI catching a bad signal and getting restricted to 30 mph by a hard yellow approach. Power went past the camera at 30, and about 5 carlengths later, wound up again to run 8 and the train took off, I presume after the rear end cleared the west interlocking switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJPWdfKm7M
    Very good !
    Chimbica Dash8

Very nice Geepster! Would be perfect for a lowly Conrail manifest slowing down when TV204 with APL stacks taking over.... awesome!!
    Dave Edwards

What are the smoke setting used on the MLW, if I may ask?

I shake my head when so many people get all bent out of shape and reject purchasing something because they already have that boxcar from a previous purchase or refuse to buy because there is no tier 4 locomotive included that completes their fantasy conversion of the Monon route into the CNOTP Rathole line somewhere deep in their imagination. These are the people who miss out on these hidden gem easter eggs buried in today's route packages. And honestly, they should miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by NickelPlateCab View Post
    What are the smoke setting used on the MLW, if I may ask?

I shake my head when so many people get all bent out of shape and reject purchasing something because they already have that boxcar from a previous purchase or refuse to buy because there is no tier 4 locomotive included that completes their fantasy conversion of the Monon route into the CNOTP Rathole line somewhere deep in their imagination. These are the people who miss out on these hidden gem easter eggs buried in today's route packages. And honestly, they should miss out.
    LMAO! What a refreshing post from a comparative newcomer!

Indeed just about every post nowadays demands/regrets the uploaders "choice" of.... well just about ANYTHING uploaded
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Great video!