Thread: I'm back - well sort of.

Default I'm back - well sort of.

Well, after several years of moving around for the work I finally unboxed the train sim PC. Apparently all those moves weren't good for it as both the primary installation and the backup hard drives all suffered platter and head failures. The drivers are toast and unrecoverable.

Tha's 68GB of custom MSTS and Open Rails content - poof and gone going back to 2009 to 2014.

Now I've got to figure out how to restore what I can of the purchased content...
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...

Sorry to hear... this is why I pay for Dropbox. I had drive issues earlier this year as well, but my content was safely stored online somewhere else...

I am sorry to hear that. While it is quite frustrating to have all those files collected over the years lost, I believe you will be able to retrieve most of them. When it comes to payware stuff, the websites/companies that sell them usually hold a record of all of the purchases made at their website. I guess you can contact them and they'll probably find your email or bank account details in their record as a proof of purchase.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Yes, the payware should be relatively easy to restore...the customized content tho is another matter entirely.
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...