Thread: MSTS/real world length discrepancy? How to deal with it?

Question MSTS/real world length discrepancy? How to deal with it?

I wanted to make this thread on TSRE5's own board, but since I get very few replies there...

I moved one of my routes onto what seems to be correct co-ordinates and used the Google Earth imagery as TERRTEX along the route to make track laying an easier task. So far I managed to (re)build a 15-kilometer stretch between two stations. Or so I thought, because in the game itself there's a five kilometer discrepancy between the real length and MSTS, and that's way too much. I have sincerely no idea how to deal with this issue. Laying the track according to Google's imagery will result with what I described here, then doing so in accordance with MSTS length will not match what's on the terrain texture.

I'd really like to know how to do something about it because I've invested so much time and work in this project (original 3D models with photo-realistic textures taken from prototypes) that I don't wanna abandon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preki View Post
    I wanted to make this thread on TSRE5's own board, but since I get very few replies there...
    Hi...

LOL - I know the feeling...

Regards,
    Scott

5km of difference over a 15km stretch in what I assume is Poland? That's insane, even for the horribly skewed world of the MSTS tile system. Probably you'll have to just model it based on what MSTS thinks a kilometer is. I shouldn't think your buildings would be affected, but the track monitor will be cluttered with unusually close mileposts. I know I've got some long and short miles to make the locations work on my route projects

Japan is one of the worst affected regions. I reflected the other week, that a tramway that had a 90 degree intersection/crossing in MSTS world was something like 25deg/155deg. In other words, horribly skewed.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Preki View Post

I moved one of my routes onto what seems to be correct co-ordinates and used the Google Earth imagery as TERRTEX along the route to make track laying an easier task. So far I managed to (re)build a 15-kilometer stretch between two stations. Or so I thought, because in the game itself there's a five kilometer discrepancy between the real length and MSTS, and that's way too much. I have sincerely no idea how to deal with this issue. Laying the track according to Google's imagery will result with what I described here, then doing so in accordance with MSTS length will not match what's on the terrain texture.

I'd really like to know how to do something about it because I've invested so much time and work in this project (original 3D models with photo-realistic textures taken from prototypes) that I don't wanna abandon it.
    Don't know if you have seen this

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ap-projection/

Perhaps you can reach out to Goku to assist.

The further north you get, the worse the skew...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...jection_SW.jpg