Thread: Playing around with OR / Switching around

Default Playing around with OR / Switching around

Hi

I am playing around with open Rails. I have the BNSF empty grain train and I start in the Wentachee yard. As soon as I uncouple the cars, the engines cease to move? A quick glance at the manual did not reveal anything. I feel the the connection must be changed some where in the train. Can you help?

Thanks

If you uncouple without closing angle cocks, both ends on either side of the pin pull go into emergency. What you are trying to do is move the power with all units in emergency. The train line on the power needs to be bottled by closing the rear-most cock before pulling the pin, the cars you most often want to leave open and dump their air (if you bottle the air on the cars without setting adequate number of handbrakes, they might run away on you if the train is sitting on any kind of grade.)

Look in the manual for the F9 train operations menu.

Ok that makes sense. but.....I uncoupled 3 cars back from the 2 locos. I was able to pull away with the 2 cars. I was able to back up and reconnect to the rest of the train. So what you suggested; kind of confusing to me at this point.

You turn the rear angle cock closed on the last item (eng or wag) you intend to move around. The last eng or wag right before the uncoupling point.

Hi Geepster775

Thanks! That worked! :-)

You need to close the angle cock on the last train and then wait for the brake pressure to build up which in turn releases the brakes.
    or if you're lazy Shift + / initializes the brakes