Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Class 03

I have no idea buddy sorry. Just started DRS, put in my usual graphics options (all high).

Chose the 03 scenario and off we went. Never missed the trees to be honest Oskari.

It is only now you mention it, that the pics do look a bit bare.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Link opens to a blank Steam page?

Edit: NVM, figured it out.
    Edit 2: Got the beta version installed, but how do I access the 03? All I can find are the three original routes with the DMU scenarios.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 09-22-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Vern.

Vern choose the 03 from the bottom of the scenarios screen.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thanks Mike, my brain wasn't engaged.

Up and running brilliant stuff!
    Vern.

Mine never is Vern, i just bumble through life.

Nice one buddy, it is certainly coming along steadily.

Mike.

Had another go on the main PC and very impressive, also took one of the DMU's out for a spin again.

A couple of items for Lapio to consider...

1. We really need to be able to save/re-load the game. Some of the runs are quite long.
    2. Need to tone down the track bounce and sway a bit, the 03 felt like an old Sealink ferry crossing St Georges Channel in a Force 8 storm! We need some movement, i.e. not stale like MSTS, but the implementation is a bit OTT.
    3. I used the adjustment to make the text/icons bigger on a 4K monitor but the result of that is the bottom LH helpers partly overlap. These could do to be grabbable/moveable so they can be placed according to player wishes.
    Vern.

7. Default

Thanks for the input Vern!

1. Saving a run is a feature that gets requested frequently so I'll need to prioritise it higher. The trouble is that the next three updates after this one are already set, but I'll see what I can do. It shouldn't be too hard to make but it's one of those things that have a good chance of turning out be more complicated than they at first seem. Luckily some of the 03 have quite a bit of slack in the timetable so you may be able to complete them almost 10 minutes earlier than scheduled.

2. Yeah the bounciness may be a a bit overboard when running on jointed track but it's the track's fault, the vertical drop at the joints to be precise. DMU suspension handles it quite well but the 03 having a short wheelbase is all over the place.

3. HUD helpers overlapping when using GUI zooming is a bug I didn't notice until a few days ago, but the second beta will fix it. Being able to move them around is also a good idea.

Thanks Oskari, great to have a developer who listens to feedback.
    Vern.

Second Vern's post above.

Mike.

10. Default

The update is now officially ready with a long list of improvements, more info here!