Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Class 03

1. Default

Thanks guys, I'll post a video next, once the sounds and some other missing stuff are ready.

Great stuff, thanks buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

3. Default

That is the best depiction of moving loose coupled 4 wheel wagons. In any of the train games, including the sound.

Marvelous buddy, just need a greeeeeeeeeeen one please.

The whole development, is a great credit to everyone involved.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

5. Default

Thanks Mike, it's a very good start and can still be improved by animating the buffers and couplings, and adding all kinds of metallic groan and impact sounds to match the animations. I haven't figured out how to implement livery options for a vehicle yet so the loco will have to remain blue for now but I'm sure a green livery will pop up from somewhere once the train editor and livery stuff is sorted.

Better than good start, i would like to say. Me just being greedy wanting a green one. Blue is fine, when i started on the railway nearly every class had examples of blue and green liveries. Whilst the re-painting was taking place, from 1966 onwards.

Mike.

Railcars and 03s together is like chocolate and orange of jaffa icecream
    The two on paper dont sound like they belong.. But they absolutely do and combine to make something special

Its truly beautiful to see the class 03 get the love it deserves, simulated by diesel railcar sims physics, paul harpers models rigged and moving like they should.. The sounds are lovely and the whole thing just glows with warmth and spirit

Perhaps for me its a proud moment to see it all come together so well by a developer with a true sense of accuracy, realism and respect for the trains themselves

Most surprisingly though, is seeing how much love the little 03s have in the world and the admiration for the class seems universal

I truly think its been a good choice to go with the 03, as not only someone who loves the class since childhood (my trainset had an 03 when I was 6, it slept on my pillow at night)

But as a supporter and admirer of diesel railcar sim, its my dearest hopes that little engine broadens the appeal and expands sales 10x

Ill be gifting out 5 more copies atleast.. Im at 13 now, id be honored to have gifted 20 copies in the near future

Groovy..............

Mike.

10. Default

Nice ones Mike but what happened to all the trees?